Windows 10: Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

Discus and support Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Symbionte, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Symbionte Win User

Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top speed, around 100 mb/s and then it goes all the way down to 0 mb/s (leds in flash drives stop blinking) and then speeds goes back up again to 100 mb/s (flash drive blinking again). This will happen regularly going up and down, up and down. It happens in both flash drives. Also, I have tried these flash drives in another Windows 10 computer and they work just fine. Data apparently is fine, no data corruption. Another test I did on my laptop it was with USB hard drive, on the same USB port, curiosly, this one work just fine, so apparently it has to do just with the flash drives. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any idea how address this issue? Thanks.

:)

Symbionte, Apr 30, 2019
  2. alecm3 Win User

USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT defective.

I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then
    drops again intermittently.

I connect the same Seagate drive to the right USB port. The same 4GB file transfers with a constant speed of approximately 150MB/s. Thus the Seagate drive is not defective. Perhaps the left USB port is defective.

I connect a Sandisk 128GB flash drive to the left USB port (that is now suspected defective). It transfers the same 4GB file with constant 130MB/s speed, no speed drops!

Each step is reproducible 10x.

I am out of my wits here.

alecm3, Apr 30, 2019
  3. La-Rel E Win User
    Error Code 0x800703EE : Transferring 24GB video file to client's 32GB Flash Drive (Windows 10)

Thank you Argel for replying,

• I tried to transfer another file (smaller file size), but encountered the same error code.
    • I was able to copy the file from the
      external hard drive to my computer. From there, I attempted to copy the file from the
      computer to the flash drive. The transfer was interrupted with the same error code. (I noticed the write speeds are significantly different --
      the external hard drive-to-computer speed was about 10x faster than the computer-to-flash drive speed. That said, the latter is around the same speed as copying from the external hard drive to the flash drive.)
    • I do not have access to another flash drive to retry the transfer on a different device.
    When I watched the video after transferring it from the
    external hard drive to the computer, it played perfectly. No corruption, which leads me to think the error has something to do with the flash drive. Again, I received it BRAND NEW (in packaging).

Hope this helps,

La-Rel

La-Rel E, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Error Code 0x800703EE : Transferring 24GB video file to client's 32GB Flash Drive (Windows 10)

Hi La-Rel,

Just to verify, are you still experiencing the issue when transferring the video file?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly - Similar Threads - Flash drives File

2. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  3. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  4. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  6. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  7. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. USB File transfer speed drops to 0 bytes and goes back up to normal multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB File transfer speed drops to 0 bytes and goes back up to normal multiple times: Hi, I just bought a new Kingston USB flash drive and when I tried it I noticed that when copying a file from the laptop to it file transfer speed keeps reducing to zero and freezes then goes back to the normal transfer speed and I tried it on a different laptop and I had the...
  9. Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash drives File transfer speed drops to 0 regularly: Hi everyone, I have recently realized my laptop MSI P65 8RF is having a weird behaviour when transfering files or deleting files to/from my flash drives (Kingston Datatraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 128 GB and Kingston Datatraveler Rubber 3.0 32 gb) it happens that it reaches top...
  10. USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...: I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then drops again...