Windows 10: Flash Drives Not Recognized but previous one still shows in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Flash Drives Not Recognized but previous one still shows in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was using a flash drive registered as drive O for a while & when I tried to eject it would not do anything when I finally just removed it the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joel Chair 22, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Flash Drives Not Recognized but previous one still shows in Windows Explorer

I was using a flash drive registered as drive O for a while & when I tried to eject it would not do anything when I finally just removed it the drive letter O was still there though it wouldn't recognize the drive when I re-inserted it. I removed it again re-booted the computer and it still showed the the flash drive present though the flash drive wasn't inserted.. Disk management did not show any drive O present. Now inserting any flash drive with files on it or new is not recognized and therefore not accessible. the same Flash Drives work perfectly on other Windows 10 machines. with no

:)

Joel Chair 22, Sep 15, 2021
  2. PhilW Win User

OS doesn't recognize USB flash drives (KB4056892)

Just completed Win10 update KB4056892 on my Sony laptop, now running v.1709, build 16299.125. Almost everything is fine except the system no longer recognizes USB flash drives. When a flash drive (USB2 or 3) is inserted in a port the Device Manager recognizes it as "Other Devices", lists what it is (for example "TOSHIBA TransMemory USB Device") but says under Properties: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device." When I try to update the driver, the Update Drivers feature says "Windows could not find drivers for your device." Device Manager shows no problems under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

I know the drivers for flash drives are somewhere in the system because I have used these ports and flash drives many times prior to KB4056892, but I don't know where they are or how to tell the OS where they are. Suggestions would be appreciated.

PhilW, Sep 15, 2021
  3. SATA drive not being recognized on Gigabyte Mobo

After I updated the BIOS to the latest version 8 I was able to have the SATA recognized.
    After running sfc /scannow for maintenance I can't get the SATA drive to boot first. It is recognized in the BIOS and is listed first in the boot order under Advanced BIOS Features.

When the IDE drive boots it is not recognized in either Windows Explorer or disk management.

Any thoughts on why I can't see the SATA drive anymore would be appreciated.

brainwave89, Sep 15, 2021
  4. MRW2339 Win User

Flash Drives Not Recognized but previous one still shows in Windows Explorer

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops & they all show up. I've tried uninstalling drivers & reinstalling them but It hasn't worked. Any ideas?

MRW2339, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Flash Drives Not Recognized but previous one still shows in Windows Explorer

1. Flash Drives Not Recognized but previous one still shows in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Flash Drives Recognized

2. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  3. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  4. One Drive not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive not showing in file explorer: I switched from Windows 11 home to Pro and actually am experiencing a couple of issues. One Drive is no longer showing in file explorer, and I am no longer able to use the fingerprint to log into computer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  5. One Drive not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive not showing in file explorer: I switched from Windows 11 home to Pro and actually am experiencing a couple of issues. One Drive is no longer showing in file explorer, and I am no longer able to use the fingerprint to log into computer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  6. flash drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash drive not recognized: Drive less month old...would put movie files on it then plug into my tv to stream...one time was transferring data to the drive got this error message in this picture....and other picture drive F.....
  7. Flash Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive Not Recognized: After using my 128-GB Sandisk flash drive to put files back on my Mac, my Windows computer no longer recognizes it, but the Mac can still recognize it and all the data. Formatting it does not solve the problem. Windows does not recognize the drive at all, and I don't even see...
  8. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  9. USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer

USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer: I believe this started with the 720 (1909 18363.720) Windows Update but I'm not sure. I'm going to try backing out the latest WU in a bit but wanted to post the problem here before doing so. File Explorer is not seeing any USB Flash drive or mounted ISO, but I can look at...
  10. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...