Windows 10: Flash Drives

Discus and support Flash Drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I insert a flash drive into the USB port on my HP I get this message: "you don't have permission to access folder." I click continue and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gp#364, May 6, 2022.

1. gp#364 Win User

Flash Drives

Whenever I insert a flash drive into the USB port on my HP I get this message: "you don't have permission to access folder." I click continue and it tells me that I have to go to Security Tab. When I click on the security tab button the screen opens up and there is no security tab. I have the following tabs to choose from "General-tools-Hardware-Sharing-Readyboost-Customise. Can you tell me how can I fix this problem. It happens with all the USB ports. Thank you

:)

gp#364, May 6, 2022
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, May 6, 2022
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 6, 2022
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Flash Drives

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Flash Drives

1. Flash Drives - Similar Threads - Flash Drives

2. ONN™ flash drive put more than 4GB at a time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ONN™ flash drive put more than 4GB at a time: Hi, I'm yourfur7,I recently bought an ONN™ Flash Drive or USB, and although it's made to hold something like 12GB, u can only upload a max of 4GB at a time.I know there is a way to bypass this, but I lost the Manuel on how to do so, please let me know how u can do this, as I...
  3. ONN™ flash drive put more than 4GB at a time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONN™ flash drive put more than 4GB at a time: Hi, I'm yourfur7,I recently bought an ONN™ Flash Drive or USB, and although it's made to hold something like 12GB, u can only upload a max of 4GB at a time.I know there is a way to bypass this, but I lost the Manuel on how to do so, please let me know how u can do this, as I...
  4. ONN™ flash drive put more than 4GB at a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but not visible: Hello My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but when I insert it into my hp laptop W10 a day after purchase, its not visible and when I try opening drive E, it says insert disk. I have tried changing ports and renaming drives as recommended by some...
  6. My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but not visible: Hello My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but when I insert it into my hp laptop W10 a day after purchase, its not visible and when I try opening drive E, it says insert disk. I have tried changing ports and renaming drives as recommended by some...
  7. My flash drive is new 128GB NAND USB2.0 which was exFAT type but not visible

8. Formatted my pc with a USB Flash drive now im having this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatted my pc with a USB Flash drive now im having this issue: Hi, i formatted my pc with a usb flash drive and now im having this issue with a underscore in my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-my-pc-with-a-usb-flash-drive-now-im/1750b8b6-da43-48e7-8800-117849b5000e
  9. Formatted my pc with a USB Flash drive now im having this issue

Formatted my pc with a USB Flash drive now im having this issue: Hi, i formatted my pc with a usb flash drive and now im having this issue with a underscore in my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatted-my-pc-with-a-usb-flash-drive-now-im/1750b8b6-da43-48e7-8800-117849b5000e
  10. Formatted my pc with a USB Flash drive now im having this issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade