Windows 10: Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...

Discus and support Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cybercriminals are exploiting a newly discovered flaw in Adobe Flash Player to distribute a botnet and adware, according to security researchers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 21, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware...

More

labeeman, Jan 21, 2015
  2. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Jan 21, 2015
  3. Wottle Win User
    Wottle, Jan 21, 2015
  4. bjm__ Win User

bjm__, Jan 21, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    labeeman, Jan 21, 2015
  6. Phone Man Win User
    I found that Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will also stop the exploit in IE and Firefox and I run the free version on my systems including W10.

Adobe needs to fix this really soon.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jan 22, 2015
  7. labeeman Win User
    Nope they just need to get rid of Flash.

labeeman, Jan 22, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Nope they just need to get rid of Flash.
    I agree,, Flash is just horrible. I wish it would die.. Kill it with FIRE!!

BunnyJ, Jan 22, 2015
  9. Nope they just need to get rid of Flash.
    I agree,, Flash is just horrible. I wish it would die.. Kill it with FIRE!! There is nothing wrong with a bit of flash !!!

Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware... [​IMG]

JDobbsy1987, Jan 22, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    It didn't say anything about Firefox being effected. Am I correct in assuming you have visit a rigged or compromised website to get infected and you have to use internet explorer? That what the article implies.

groze, Jan 22, 2015
  11. Phone Man Win User
    Nope they just need to get rid of Flash. I agree. Got rid of Java a few years ago. It was #1 and flash #2 , now Flash is #1 .

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jan 22, 2015
  12. gzt7d8 Win User
    I guess I checked too early, no updates this morning, MS not up yet.

But just checked and see it now. Thanks!

gzt7d8, Jan 22, 2015
  13. Phone Man Win User

Phone Man, Jan 22, 2015
  14. Agreed.
    People need to stop including Flash in their website code.

Flash programs (e.g. games) should be run in a standalone VM (i.e. no network connections).

Java is another abomination.
    I haven't run Java outside of a VM, for at least 5 years.

When my friend and I first read about Java (many years ago) we both thought that it was "a disaster waiting to happen".

lehnerus2000, Jan 22, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    kind of like putting a computer in the hands of 5billlion people

caperjack, Jan 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Flash zero-day flaw under attack to spread ad malware... - Similar Threads - Flash zero flaw

2. Malware attack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware attack: Will factory reset removes trojen virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/0cd6b0c4-a077-48ee-98a2-381fbdcfad46
  3. malware attack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malware attack: how to solve malware attack?* Moved from Internet Explorer / IE11 / Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/3e70f7d1-088b-416b-bb3f-ba01fbd41d55
  4. malware attack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware attack: how to solve malware attack?* Moved from Internet Explorer / IE11 / Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/3e70f7d1-088b-416b-bb3f-ba01fbd41d55
  5. malware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Malware attack

Malware attack: I had turned off windows defender. I was attacked by malware on my desktop computer. It has an .seto extension name. I had formatted my compter but no change. Windows defender is not turning on also. my all files became unusable. How can i recover my files....
  7. malware attack

malware attack: while I was downloading a file from the internet, some malicious files might have entered my system. when ever I am starting my PC, the browser is automatically opening some spam websites after every 1 min. windows defender fail to resolve this problem and shows no threat,...
  8. Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw

Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw: Adobe Systems has released an emergency patch for Flash Player in order to fix a critical vulnerability that attackers are already taking advantage of. The vulnerability, tracked as CVE-2016-7855 in the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures database, is a use-after-free...
  9. Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild

Java zero-day security flaw exploited in the wild: Oracle is working with Trend Micro to patch the problem. Until a fix is issued, users concerned about falling victim to the exploit should temporarily disable Java in their browser. The Java zero-day is reportedly being exploited through drive-by downloads on the latest...
  10. New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild

in Windows 10 News
    New Flash Player Zero-Day in The Wild: A new flaw in latest version of Flash to be patched next week. On my systems I use the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit to protect my systems. I guess we will see another updated from MS also. https://blog.malwarebytes.org/zero-d..._medium=social Jim *Cool...