Windows 10: flashdrive + my laptop = bsod during update

Discus and support flashdrive + my laptop = bsod during update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, this happened to me while I was in 4th grade (about a year ago), and I had a flash drive, and I still have it. So, I plugged it in right after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GDMASTER, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GDMASTER Win User

flashdrive + my laptop = bsod during update

So, this happened to me while I was in 4th grade (about a year ago), and I had a flash drive, and I still have it. So, I plugged it in right after a win 10 update, and I got a bsod, then, when I took it out, let it update, then no bsod. I have always wondered, how does it happen? I would really like it if you would answer this, because this moment has left me with a lot of questions for about a year straight.

:)

GDMASTER, Mar 19, 2019

2. Help with Flashdrive

I need step by step instructions on how to put files from my documents into a flashdrive. Please and thankyou

AmberlynPulver-Klutke, Mar 19, 2019
  3. save FAVORITES list onto a flashdrive

transfer my extensive FAVORITES list onto a flashdrive - delete from my laptop.

JohnsHopkins, Mar 19, 2019
  4. flashdrive + my laptop = bsod during update

Sandisk flashdrives

When scrolling is required to view lists of movies contained in all of our flashdrive cruzer glides (SanDisc), using any of the 3 USB ports of our laptop, we are always returned to the top of list within 10 or 15 seconds, resulting in our losing our place
    . Movies still play well, but must be chosen quickly (if scrolling is required). This just started happening this week.

GordonMcLee, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

flashdrive + my laptop = bsod during update

1. flashdrive + my laptop = bsod during update - Similar Threads - flashdrive laptop bsod

2. Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashdrive: Lost all text on document, while typing. Unable to reteive from fllash drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrive/c1ad865e-f6b3-44ae-896e-5ea23b955f9d
  3. Flashdrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashdrive: Lost all text on document, while typing. Unable to reteive from fllash drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrive/c1ad865e-f6b3-44ae-896e-5ea23b955f9d
  4. Laptop BSODs during shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop BSODs during shutdown: Hi, For a few weeks my laptop has crashed every time I've shut it down, but it doesn't display a specific error message or point to a programme. I've also noticed that it's significantly slower on startup. Is there anything I can do about it? Link to the log zip file: Dropbox...
  5. Flashdrives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flashdrives: I can never get my flashdrive to pull up. What am I doing wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashdrives/447c0f4e-8e2b-4dc0-b395-33e535aaed5d
  6. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  7. BSOD during update broke my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD during update broke my PC.: Hello, lately windows has been bugging me and forcing me to update several times. I postponed it a lot but eventually it gave me no choice so I decided to update and restart. The update was taking extremely long, eventually after 40 minutes and in about %30 of the update...
  8. Windows 10 USB flashdrive update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB flashdrive update.: My Acer laptop, 8.1, is not prompting me, for anything. I ensure that my laptop is off, then I put the Windows10USB in the port. I wait before I turn it on. I was told that a screen should appear to continue on. Nothing. Am I missing something? I would be grateful for...
  9. cannot install/update windows on a flashdrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot install/update windows on a flashdrive: a few weeks ago i bought a Samsung SSD. Through Samsung duplicatorprogram i have copied windows 10 onto the new hd. When i want to update my windows 10 to update 1803, my pc tells me that it cannot be installed on a "flash"-drive. What should i do to get it rite?...
  10. flashdrive problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flashdrive problems: My flashdrive isn't working and it isn't the many flashdrives that I bought, used w/my surface; edge/microsoft 10 then later it progressively gets worse to the point where i can no longer get info from my drive. I am too busy to have to deal with these problems. I work in...