Windows 10: Flashing after Updating

Discus and support Flashing after Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, for about 3 months now I have had a consistent and unfixable problem. Every time my PC updates, it seems to force a Security Update named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HellaDope, Dec 11, 2020.

1. HellaDope Win User

Flashing after Updating

Hello, for about 3 months now I have had a consistent and unfixable problem. Every time my PC updates, it seems to force a Security Update named KB4586781. After doing so, it does this: https://imgur.com/a/qb5PAqL for roughly 5 minutes or so, and then stops. I don't know what causes it, or why it does it. I have tried to competely uninstall and reinstall display drivers, and I have followed every single "Fix flashing Windows 10" guide that exists but this problem persists unless I uninstall the Security Update, at which point everything is fine. However, it only lasts for so long because even when I tell Windows not to install updates again and again, the Security Update gets forced onto my Machine every week at least once, leading me to do it all over again. I do not know how to solve or avoid it, and I have seen multiple people having this issue on Reddit, but have found no one with any answer.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

HellaDope, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 11, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Flashing after Updating

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Flashing after Updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Flashing after Updating

1. Flashing after Updating - Similar Threads - Flashing Updating

2. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  3. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  4. cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro: Everything was fine before last night. then a new update hit and my mouse cursor flashed everywhere. No matter I move to which location, cursor arrow in previous location did not disappear and keeps flashing. If I use my touch screen, they all disappear and cursor returns to...
  5. cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro

cursor didn't disappear after moving and keep flashing after 2024.2.20 update to windows 11 pro: Everything was fine before last night. then a new update hit and my mouse cursor flashed everywhere. No matter I move to which location, cursor arrow in previous location did not disappear and keeps flashing. If I use my touch screen, they all disappear and cursor returns to...
  6. after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits: After cloning an HDD to an SSD, and successfully being able to run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on the SSD, I tried using partition wizard to realign the partitions on the Windows 10 disk 4 disks 5 partitions per disk on my system, boot partition is on disk0, Windows 10 is on disk3....
  7. after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits: After cloning an HDD to an SSD, and successfully being able to run Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on the SSD, I tried using partition wizard to realign the partitions on the Windows 10 disk 4 disks 5 partitions per disk on my system, boot partition is on disk0, Windows 10 is on disk3....
  8. after aligning partitions - windows update just flashes and exits

9. SATA RAID Drives lost drive letters after BIOS update for X670 AORUS Elite AX flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA RAID Drives lost drive letters after BIOS update for X670 AORUS Elite AX flash: Hello, I updated my BIOS using the Gigabyte Control Center Tool in Windows 11. My SATA RAID 0 configuration was drives E and F, 2 2TB SATA SSDs, now Windows seems them in Computer Management but does not have the previous drive letters assigned to them.Processor AMD Ryzen 7...
  10. SATA RAID Drives lost drive letters after BIOS update for X670 AORUS Elite AX flash

SATA RAID Drives lost drive letters after BIOS update for X670 AORUS Elite AX flash: Hello, I updated my BIOS using the Gigabyte Control Center Tool in Windows 11. My SATA RAID 0 configuration was drives E and F, 2 2TB SATA SSDs, now Windows seems them in Computer Management but does not have the previous drive letters assigned to them.Processor AMD Ryzen 7...