Windows 10: Flashing black screen after pressing power button

Discus and support Flashing black screen after pressing power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while now, which is everytime after I shutdown my laptop and powering it on after about 10 seconds or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SilentstormSP, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Flashing black screen after pressing power button

Hi all,

I have been facing this issue for a while now, which is everytime after I shutdown my laptop and powering it on after about 10 seconds or restarting it, the display would immediately show a flashing black screen and with the hard drive light flashing non-stop. The only way to solve this is to force shut down my laptop and letting it rest for about half an hour then powering it on again, where there would also be the flashing black screen but only for a few seconds then going back to normal. Does anyone know how to fix this for good? Much thanks.

:)

SilentstormSP, Jun 7, 2019
  2. masplin Win User

Dell XP’s 13 black screen on power up

Only light is power button. The light on caps lock comes on it I press it. No dell logo or anything on the screen just perm at black. Will try some of things suggested. Most common advice is to manually power off 3 times to force start up repair, but this doesn’t happen for me

masplin, Jun 7, 2019
  3. ugn10 Win User
    Windows 10 Black Screen with the mouse pointer.

Hi,

Most of time when I press the power button, after few seconds, black screen appears with the mouse pointer.
    Hard Disk indicator flashes continuously, no changes and no error message on the screen.
    Even no change, if I press Alt+Ctrl+Del. It remains same till the time I do not press Reset button or I do not restart.
    When I press Reset button, only then it comes back with Windows Log in page.

I did ...
    • double check the hard disk cable connectivity,
    • clean boot and
    • even windows re-installation
    but still the same problem.

Please help me to fix this issue.

ugn10, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Flashing black screen after pressing power button

When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Flashing black screen after pressing power button

1. Flashing black screen after pressing power button - Similar Threads - Flashing black screen

2. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  3. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  4. BSDO after press power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSDO after press power button: Sometimes, after pressing power button, system didn't boot up.After several minutes. BSOD occurs.memory dump can be found below.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5sNprlZnU2u9tgAi9IrYleR-0v0eTJl?usp=sharingCan someone help to check what cause this BSOD ?Thanks....
  5. BSDO after press power button

BSDO after press power button: Sometimes, after pressing power button, system didn't boot up.After several minutes. BSOD occurs.memory dump can be found below.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5sNprlZnU2u9tgAi9IrYleR-0v0eTJl?usp=sharingCan someone help to check what cause this BSOD ?Thanks....
  6. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when pressing Windows button: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button. After a short moment, it comes back, with Start Menu in view. Then, when I move the mouse, it goes black again, then comes back. When I close the Start Menu, everything is OK. What is causing this and how might I fix it?...
  7. Black screen when pressing Windows button

Black screen when pressing Windows button: My screen goes black when I press the Windows button. After a short moment, it comes back, with Start Menu in view. Then, when I move the mouse, it goes black again, then comes back. When I close the Start Menu, everything is OK. What is causing this and how might I fix it?...
  8. Black screen when pressing Windows button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen: So one day i opened my pc and i get greeted with my passcode i open it then it turns black. I turn off my pc and turned it on this time it was black with a cursor. I waited then it turned normal again and if i try to press anything it turns black. Help???...
  10. Flashing power button/not powering up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Flashing power button/not powering up: Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to flash and the screen is black and i cant hear it starting up . Please help my computer has a lot of important files for...