Windows 10: Flashing black screen and cannot log into device

Discus and support Flashing black screen and cannot log into device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop recently crashed and when it did I powered it off, and when I turned it back on I was greeted with the Your device has ran into a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Victoria Wright, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Flashing black screen and cannot log into device

My laptop recently crashed and when it did I powered it off, and when I turned it back on I was greeted with the Your device has ran into a problem we're collecting and repairing, then you can restart, which I tried to do, but it wouldn't restart and I proceeded to the recovery mode area, I tried everything I could there, which didn't end up working, so I decided to reset and delet everything, but my computer wouldn't finish resetting, so I powered it off and on and tried again. It didn't work, now when I try to reset it flashes a black screen that only allows me to use the f# keys. Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Victoria Wright, Jun 16, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jun 16, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Flashing black screen and cannot log into device

Black screen on Windows 10, unable to log-in with error: "Preapring Automatic Repair"

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing black screen errors and unable to log-in.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

As a workaround, I suggest you to remove all the external devices being connected (except mouse and keyboard), try hard reboot the device and check the status of this issue.

As you are unable to log-in to the desktop with black screen, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems (click on
    Black screen and not signed in to Windows 10)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Flashing black screen and cannot log into device

1. Flashing black screen and cannot log into device - Similar Threads - Flashing black screen

2. Log in screen flashing black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in screen flashing black randomly: Sometimes when the pc starts or restarts and gets to the pin log in screen the whole screen flashes black and then comes back sometimes once other times more not everytime thoOnce I log in it never happens its just on that screen is this something I should be worried about...
  3. Log in screen flashing black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in screen flashing black randomly: Sometimes when the pc starts or restarts and gets to the pin log in screen the whole screen flashes black and then comes back sometimes once other times more not everytime thoOnce I log in it never happens its just on that screen is this something I should be worried about...
  4. Log in screen flashing black randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Flashing log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing log in screen: Please help. I tried to turn on my Windows laptop today and the login screen is continually flashing with a buffer icon. I am unable to do anything. I can't open Task Manager or restart it. I have the latest versions of all software installed....
  6. Flashing log in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashing log in screen: Please help. I tried to turn on my Windows laptop today and the login screen is continually flashing with a buffer icon. I am unable to do anything. I can't open Task Manager or restart it. I have the latest versions of all software installed....
  7. black flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black flashing screen: so a while ago l posted what l thought to be a discord issue, but now l think its a windows issue.. basically my screen would turn off/flash while playing on a certain game while on discord or only just using discord.. a few days back l decided to check power settings.. and...
  8. Flashing log on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing log on screen: Hi I have had issues with a flashing log on screen on my Win10 2004 reinstalled Win10 last week from scratch to see if that helps but it hasn't. The screen is connected via either DVI-D or D SUB cables. I was using the built in graphics but decided to go for a dedicated...
  9. Black Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Flashing: Hello ! Now I am not sure if this is strictly related to windows , it's just a thought ... For a few weeks I keep getting black screen from time to time , it just lasts 1-2 seconds but it's annoying as hell . I've tried updating and reinstalling my graphic card but nothing...
  10. Flashing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....