Windows 10: Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop

Discus and support Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve purchased a new laptop, it is Asus e406MA, but it is working incorrectly, showing serious problems with a black or even blue screen. This PC has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Drew2, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop

I’ve purchased a new laptop, it is Asus e406MA, but it is working incorrectly, showing serious problems with a black or even blue screen. This PC has pre-installed Windows 10 Home and I think that this issue is caused by incorrect work of OS rather than hardware. The laptop sometimes is flashing and this flashing ends in black or blue screen. I tried to reinstall graphic driver Intel UHD Graphics 605, disabled 'Windows Error Reporting Service' and 'Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel', ran the pending windows updates.

:)

Chris Drew2, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Naveen_M Win User

NEW ASUS e406MA notebook - flashing black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device won't work in the way it should.

The issue might be due to the connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update, or issues with recent updates or installation. For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know more information on this.

Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?

We can try the below steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Update the VGA driver from ASUS website.

I'd suggest you to download and install the
    VGA driver from the system manufacturer site
    , and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Troubleshoot black screen errors.

I'd suggest you to refer this article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    , and try all the suggestions.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 27, 2018
  3. NEW ASUS e406MA notebook - flashing black screen

Dear Microsoft Community!

I just bought a new ASUS e406MA laptop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS and I had serious issues with the display. The notebook is flashing randomly time-to-time with a black screen. Sometimes this error turns to a blue death. I tried everything what
    I found about the problem in the web including the followings:

• Run all pending windows updates,
    • Delete and refresh the graphics driver (Intel UHD Graphics 605),
    • Disable 'Windows Error Reporting Service' and 'Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel'

I do not use Norton AV, IDT or iCloud. Do you guys have any further idea how to resolve the problem? I am quite sure that is not a hardware based issue because I took back the notebook to the retail store first and they replaced it with a new one, but I
    still experience the problem.

Your efforts are much appreciated in adance!

Kind regards,

Csaba

CsabaKlein, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop

Preparing automatic repair - black screen asus laptop

Hi,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted system file. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the screen turns black?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article. It contains information and resolution about black screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop

1. Flashing black screen on a new Asus laptop - Similar Threads - Flashing black screen

2. Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Laptop not turning on and black screen appears: Hi I have Asus X515JA Laptop and whenever I turn the power on the Asus Logo pops up and after that it shut down automatically. Also it shows preparing automatic repair and nothing happens just a black screen. I have tried unplugging the battery which makes it work fine but...
  3. black flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black flashing screen: so a while ago l posted what l thought to be a discord issue, but now l think its a windows issue.. basically my screen would turn off/flash while playing on a certain game while on discord or only just using discord.. a few days back l decided to check power settings.. and...
  4. New UWQHD screen black flash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New UWQHD screen black flash: Got an new UWQHD screen today changed it with my FHD screen. Problem on win10 i get here and there black flash screen (like it turns off and turns back on) i tryed many (not only the first hit on the search site) solutions from google searching. But it dont stop. On my mac it...
  5. Screen Flashing Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flashing Black: My screen turns black whenever my mouse is over something that can be clicked. This only occurs after my computer wakes up from being asleep. If it has been powered down it is fine....
  6. Screen flashing black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen flashing black: Good day, I have recently started using my laptop and for some reason my screen will go black for a second and then immediately come back on when I press anything. I've noticed it happens almost every single time in Word whenever I drag two fingers along the trackpad, and...
  7. NEW ASUS e406MA notebook - flashing black screen

NEW ASUS e406MA notebook - flashing black screen: Dear Microsoft Community! I just bought a new ASUS e406MA laptop with a pre-installed Windows 10 Home OS and I had serious issues with the display. The notebook is flashing randomly time-to-time with a black screen. Sometimes this error turns to a blue death. I tried...
  8. Black Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Flashing: Hello ! Now I am not sure if this is strictly related to windows , it's just a thought ... For a few weeks I keep getting black screen from time to time , it just lasts 1-2 seconds but it's annoying as hell . I've tried updating and reinstalling my graphic card but nothing...
  9. Flashing black screen

Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....
  10. Black screen on asus laptop help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on asus laptop help please: Laptop running great but I plugged my camera in to upload photos. Message. Usb not recognized. I unplugged the camera and used another usb port. Now I have a black screen and no control. Suggestions? I am guessing the computer screen let the camera take over. 84175