Windows 10: Flashing black screen while gaming

Discus and support Flashing black screen while gaming in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an amd rx 580. Ever since I installed the GPU a month ago I have had a flashing black screen while gaming or running benchmarks in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sirchadwick, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Flashing black screen while gaming

I have an amd rx 580. Ever since I installed the GPU a month ago I have had a flashing black screen while gaming or running benchmarks in any resolution above 1080p. I have tried everything and it seemed to have fixed itself until I had a silent windows update a few days ago. I ran passmark gpu benchmarks and it only happens on directx 12 other api's do fine because they are set to 1080p. I have an lg 50in 6500 uhd tv. As i said before it only happens if I set the resolution above 1080p. I have returned the gpu for a replacement,updated drivers,reset pc snd changed hdmi cable. I don't have displyport on tv so i am out of options. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Sirchadwick, Jan 26, 2019

2. my pc screen flashes black

my screen will randomly flash black when my screen buffers. For example if I'm playing a turn based game every time i go to the next turn the screen flashes and shows black bars. I've been looking and my drivers are up to date any suggestions on how to
    fix? Thanks!

pcmasterrace, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Flashing black screen while gaming

Black Screen Flashing

Hi MichaelCretz,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Do you get the black screen when restarting the computer or when using the computer?
    3. As you mentioned it occurs for 1-2 seconds, do you get the black pop up or the entire screen goes black?
    4. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    5. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application. As you have already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to follow the other steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen
    errors.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Flashing black screen while gaming

1. Flashing black screen while gaming - Similar Threads - Flashing black screen

2. Black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while gaming: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  3. Black screen while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while gaming: Before I start explaining the issue here are my specs + os:OS: WIndows 11MB:B450 TOMAHAWKGPU: RX 580CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight CoreI've been having this issue for almost more than 2 months my screen has been going black under load and the pc has still been running mouse and...
  4. Black Screen Crash while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Crash while gaming: I was playing a game on my computer until my computer Monitor Went black and then I was forced to shut off my computer. This is the error code I recieved:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffda8348613010, 0xfffff8062e650c20,...
  5. Black Screen Crash while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen Crash while gaming: I was playing a game on my computer until my computer Monitor Went black and then I was forced to shut off my computer. This is the error code I recieved:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffda8348613010, 0xfffff8062e650c20,...
  6. Black screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  7. Black Screens While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screens While Gaming: I’ve been noticing whenever I game on pc both of my monitors will go black for about 2 seconds, it brings me to the desktop and my discord will turn completely black. I can still hear friends talking in discord app but I just can’t see anything. This has been happening more...
  8. Screen flashes from game to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flashes from game to black screen: I was going to launch a game and when I did that I accidentally launched an app which then caused my screen to flicker from game to black screen and it only does it on games. I have a Radeon RX 570 Series and I have already made sure it is up to date and I have already done...
  9. black flashing screen while using discord

in Windows 10 Customization
    black flashing screen while using discord: Im having a strange issue while using discord where my screen flashes black, for the sake of example it does something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHkP-ELIXA&list please ignore that its a PS4 related video l just havent had the chance to take a video of it...
  10. Black Screen While Playing A Game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen While Playing A Game.: Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there is still playing the...