Windows 10: Flashing circle above mouse pointer

Discus and support Flashing circle above mouse pointer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded the latest version of windows 10 3 days ago and my mouse icon has a flashing circle above it all the time the laptop also seems to be much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardBulch, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Flashing circle above mouse pointer

I downloaded the latest version of windows 10 3 days ago and my mouse icon has a flashing circle above it all the time the laptop also seems to be much noisier than it was before the download. Windows support tried to help they reloaded windows which hasnt made any difference. I did install the latest windows 10 a few weeks ago and the same thing happened i rolled the laptop back to the previous version of windows 10 which then worked fine . Can anyone offer any advice?

:)

RichardBulch, Apr 30, 2021

2. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I do a lot of screen capture recordings and I can't have my mouse arrow popping up a blue circle every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not sure exactly when this started for me, but now that I'm ready to do some more recording
    I'm noticing it constantly.

Here's a solution I've found to at least stop the blue circle:

• Start with the Microsoft suggestion of going to the mouse properties.
    • Click on the "Pointers" tab.
    • Select the "Working In Background" pointer and click on "Browse"
    • Select the first mouse arrow option (the one that looks like a normal mouse arrow)
    This doesn't get rid of whatever is causing the system to have to keep working in the background, but it will at least make the blue circle stop popping up.

J Buchmann, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

I did a quick video on this fix.

J Buchmann, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Flashing circle above mouse pointer

Mouse pointer constantly has a wait circle.

Hello Denise,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need some information. Let us know the following.

• Which Office application do you face this issue with?

• Do you have the issue with all Office application or one or two?

Try opening one of your Office 2013 applications in the Safe Mode to check if an Add-In in the Office applications causes the issue.

Open Excel 2013 in the Safe Mode and check if you still have the mouse pointer flashing issue.

Follow the steps as suggested in the following Microsoft Article to open Excel 2013 applications in the Safe Mode:

I get a "stopped working" error when I start Office applications on my PC

Note: The above article lists steps for all Microsoft Office 2013 application/s, however, follow the steps to open the applications/programs in the Safe Mode for which you are experiencing the issue – in your case Excel 2013.
    You may also follow the same steps to open other Office 2013 applications in Safe Mode.

Once Excel have been opened in the Safe Mode, check if the mouse pointer still flashes or stops flashing.

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Flashing circle above mouse pointer

1. Flashing circle above mouse pointer - Similar Threads - Flashing circle above

2. Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Circle around mouse pointer when pressing CTRL: I was playing a game when all of a sudden I started getting a white circle on my mouse pointer.I've searched this up and tried the solution but even when the option is turned off it stills does the same thing. I noticed when doing this a crescent moon pops at the bottom of...
  3. Is there a program that will put a red circle at my mouse pointer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a program that will put a red circle at my mouse pointer ?: I know in the control panel I can activate the mouse option "Show location of pointer when I press CTRL..." But I want a big red arrow to appear, or red circle to appear at my mouse location. Is there a 3rd party app/program that will do that for me? (I am doing on-screen...
  4. mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle: In Windows 10 1809. I fixed the mouse pointer with hour glass, no blue circle, but it's back !!! Checked the community and found no information to fix it......
  5. Flashing circles and crazy mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing circles and crazy mouse: I keep getting flashing circles on the desktop, it seems to effect the mouse cant shut down when it happens, tried deleting chrome, still happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-circles-and-crazy-mouse/476a0a96-0fac-49dc-a281-06452f00271f
  6. constant circle around mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    constant circle around mouse pointer: I've tried different mice, changing the mouse settings, uninstalling & reinstalling graphics & tried different settings to no avail. Even when the pointer disappears while watching video, the circle remains. Annoying. (if you've got a solution...I'll email you with a beer as...
  7. loading icon (blue spinning circle) constantly flashing next to mouse pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    loading icon (blue spinning circle) constantly flashing next to mouse pointer: I'm using a Dell Intel Core i5 laptop with windows 10 and out of nowhere the mouse pointer suddenly started flashing with the loading icon and now it just does this constantly. I've seen solutions telling me to disable bio-metric devices but there are none on this computer....
  8. Double mouse pointer& flashing blue circle while resting on desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Double mouse pointer& flashing blue circle while resting on desktop: Recently I am seeing my mouse pointer (while untouched and still on screen) change to a second pointer (as though it was siting just above a mirror) soon after I stop using the mouse/idle untouched, like a couple seconds and it happens. The blue circle appears in a flash,...
  9. Circle near the Pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Circle near the Pointer: Hello Forum, Recently I have noticed, each time I click once (not double-click to open it) on any file, starts for a moment or two, a revolving circle (like a clock), same when I point (select) several files to move them elswere, is it normal or something wrong starts....
  10. Mouse constantly flashing with the little blue circle

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse constantly flashing with the little blue circle: So I just recently updated to Windows 10 on Sunday and now the little blue busy circle is constantly flasshing and it s driving me insane!!! Any suggestions on what this could be and how to fix it. I have already tried restarting, checked for updates on drivers and nothing is...