Windows 10: Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10)

Discus and support Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed Ubuntu onto my computer. After installing it, when my laptop goes to sleep (using Windows 10), it never really wakes up. All it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zargut, Dec 13, 2015.

1. zargut Win User

Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10)

I recently installed Ubuntu onto my computer. After installing it, when my laptop goes to sleep (using Windows 10), it never really wakes up. All it does is flicker different colors. For now, I've worked around it by setting "close lid" to simply do nothing and the power button is set to hibernate; I just removed the option of sleeping. Please help!

:)

zargut, Dec 13, 2015
  2. micro698 Win User

Please Help! Windows 10 loading screen flashes for a while before loading to the login screen.

Whenever I wake my laptop from sleeping, the loading screen (which is a solid color based on settings you can choose to customize), gets stuck. It flashes from orange with the spinning dots (the solid color I chose), to dark blue (which is the color my computer
    screen is when it's waking up from sleep). It keeps flashing with the spinning dots over and over again until when it finally loads to the lockscreen and then to the login screen. This started yesterday.

I have shut down my laptop and turned it on again. When I turned it on again, the login screen seemed to load normally, but when I put it to sleep and woke it, it started flashing again.

On a side note before this began, I have had recent problems where I would click on the lockscreen to open up the login screen and without typing anything, the login screen would start loading with the spinning dots, as if I had typed in my password and
    pressed enter. But then it would stop and go back to the input box, where I would type in my password and unlock my computer.

I do not have any viruses, and I don't know what's going on. I have had my laptop for over a year and my warranty has expired. I would appreciate it if anyone can please help me.

My laptop is a HP Envy x360 TouchSmart and I have had Windows 10 for a long while now.

micro698, Dec 13, 2015
  3. multi clolored lines after sleep mode

After the latest update, when my laptop goes into sleep mode I get vertical lines of color and have to restart my laptop. Everything things works well until put to sleep again. Windows 10 build 16299. Please any help.

lynettelejeune1, Dec 13, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Bad video driver. Hibernate in Linux does not work with a lot of machines. Ubuntuforums.org has a lot of threads on this problem, which is easily fixed by letting Linux load the default, which is usually just fglrx.

bro67, Dec 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Flashing colors when I open my laptop from Sleep(Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Flashing colors open

2. Colors looking weird when opening laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Colors looking weird when opening laptop: I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 with Windows 11. Starting last month, there have been three times when the colors on the screen turn weird right after opening my laptop. I'm not fully sure if a color inversion is the right term, but all the colors become darker. The screen...
  3. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  4. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  5. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Flashing colors on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing colors on my laptop screen: I have a Toshiba L650D satellite laptop and it worked fine the day before but when I logged in today all I got was black white red green and blue flashing screens...
  7. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  8. Windows 10 laptop flashing inverted colors on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop flashing inverted colors on screen: For almost a year, I've had issues with my Asus laptop that I've had for about 2 years. Sporadically, the screen will invert its colors from anything from a split-second to a second at a time. The screen will begin by flashing once or twice, but quickly start rapidly...
  9. Change Flashing White Color of Various Windows When Opening Them ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Flashing White Color of Various Windows When Opening Them ?: Hi ! :) I looked on google and on the forum, i can't find what i'm looking for. First, i have Dark Theme Enabled, Windows 10 1903, and i have already found this : S.M.A.C.C - Superfly's Mouse Assisted Color Chooser but there is not what i'm looking for (though it's a good...
  10. How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep?

How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep?: How do I delete the flashing colors when I wake my computer from sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10/310beb3a-2a90-424a-9018-03b1edd61211