Windows 10: flashing desktop

Discus and support flashing desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ideapad S510p touch. Yesterday I went to use it and updates were installing so I waited and waited. After awhile, nothing else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pops1, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Pops1 Win User

flashing desktop

I have a Lenovo ideapad S510p touch. Yesterday I went to use it and updates were installing so I waited and waited. After awhile, nothing else happened. I waited some more. Waiting. Nothing. Finally I restarted and after signing in and I just got a flashing half-filled-out desktop and only Ctrl-Alt Del working (barely). I tried a system restore but apparently I have no restore points and it won't let me create any. Says that's only available in online operating system. The computer's always online through the wi-fi on another system. I don't know what to do next. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

:)

Pops1, Dec 20, 2015

2. Flashing desktop.

I have managed to get into safe mode and follow instructions. Get response that Intel Collaborative Performance Control (CPPC) Driver has a driver problem, but is not fixed. How do I fix this? Went back into Window 10 and still have flashing screen.

BrianKavanaghDub, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Flashing desktop.

Hi,

I am unable to use any short keys it appears. The device is not responsive to any keystrokes in the search bar. Therefore I am unable to open the control panel.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveSwansonstc, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Pops1 Win User

flashing desktop

This issue has been resolved. It cost $100 to get it resolved. We had a comp. fix it person come over and fix it. It was fixed with a Norton patch although there's no Norton anything on this . We have a Norton-like program (Semantics).Live & Learn.

Pops1, Dec 23, 2015
  5. Try deleting the app IDT Audio. That worked for me.

HotWingsFTW, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Pops1 Win User
    I tried deleting stuff but comp wouldn't let me. Said I had to be connected to internet. Maybe it means not wi-fi. It's always connected by wi-fi. So $100 worked for me. Thanks,

Pops1, Dec 28, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    Sorry you had to pump out a Bill to get it fixed! You should have brought it to me, I would have charged 50. If it was a simple fix I would have charged even less, and it sounded like a simple fix.

The Flashing could have been due to KB3081444, which wreaked havok with my Video card. I could not even log in, it would kick me out. I was able to use system restore to remove KB3081444, and with "wushowhide" I was able to avoid that and other updates that caused this issue. Actually several people in these forums had this issue, but it is hard to phrase a search to find the posts.

Norton/Symantec programs always cause problems for me, they tend to replace system services and files that work fine natively on Windows 10, like the Firewall which is basically the same firewall as has been in Windows 7-8. So the guy who fixed you probably did the right thing, although he way overcharged you for it. That burns me.

I charge 35 bucks to remove viruses, 50 if I have to do it manually, never more than 50 for simple fixes. Don't use that same guy for future repairs, check Craig's list for your area, I always put an ad in there that lists my prices for various fixes.

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

flashing desktop

1. flashing desktop - Similar Threads - flashing desktop

2. Cannot login to desktop running Windows 11, upon power up, login screen flashes can see...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to desktop running Windows 11, upon power up, login screen flashes can see...: I am unsure if there was some change via update or program on my computer, but upon powerup today I was unable to use my Windows 11 desktop device. login screen flashes can see clock and background intermittently but cannot interact via mouse or keyboard beyond moving my...
  3. Cannot login to desktop running Windows 11, upon power up, login screen flashes can see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to desktop running Windows 11, upon power up, login screen flashes can see...: I am unsure if there was some change via update or program on my computer, but upon powerup today I was unable to use my Windows 11 desktop device. login screen flashes can see clock and background intermittently but cannot interact via mouse or keyboard beyond moving my...
  4. Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the...: Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the app crashes. This also seems to be occurring in File Explorer whenever I try to browse files, making me unable to open files through it. However, I am still able to open apps through my...
  5. Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the...: Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the app crashes. This also seems to be occurring in File Explorer whenever I try to browse files, making me unable to open files through it. However, I am still able to open apps through my...
  6. Each time I attempt to open an app via desktop icon, a blank blue screen flashes and the...

7. Desktop flashing black after resetting my PC

Desktop flashing black after resetting my PC: Hi :’ So my PC hasn’t been functioning well so I decided to do a clean wipe of everything. When it finished everything was normal until I logged into my account and onto the desktop. I cant see anything on my desktop except the search-bar/taskbar which I cannot even use and a...
  8. Desktop flashing black after resetting my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop flashing black after resetting my PC: Hi :’ So my PC hasn’t been functioning well so I decided to do a clean wipe of everything. When it finished everything was normal until I logged into my account and onto the desktop. I cant see anything on my desktop except the search-bar/taskbar which I cannot even use and a...
  9. Desktop flashing black after resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. USB- hub connected monitors flash desktop and then turn black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB- hub connected monitors flash desktop and then turn black: Hi All,I have had an issue ever since I started using a USB-C hub with my laptop. The issue is as follows:1. Laptop turns off external monitors from inactivity.2. I tap my keyboard to wake the monitors.3. The monitors flash my desktop for ~0.5 seconds.4. The monitors then...