Windows 10: flashing disk next to cursor Windows 10

Discus and support flashing disk next to cursor Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This condition of a "flashing cursor" persisted for days while I reasoned a solution. Jumping directly to my solution was that when I uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveBol, Jan 28, 2021.

1. SteveBol Win User

flashing disk next to cursor Windows 10

This condition of a "flashing cursor" persisted for days while I reasoned a solution. Jumping directly to my solution was that when I uninstalled Adobe Flash, I did not realize that there remained two updates from Adobe in 2020 that remained on the system. Apparently, W 10 kept trying to open Flash - a previously uninstalled app. Thus my C drive continually attempted to open the app and the spinning cursor was evidence of that on my screen. Upon uninstalling the two old Adobe Flash updates, and not yet restarting the PC, the spinning stopped as well as the continual running of the C drive. I hope this helps others as Flash is no longer supported by Adobe and your PC may ask you if you wan to delete it as mine did. After restart, the correction is holding and no more spinning cursor.

:)

SteveBol, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. flashing disk next to cursor Windows 10 - Similar Threads - flashing disk next

2. Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10: I've looked at all the old posts about this and I have tried all the same exact fixes however nothing is helping my case at all. The weird part is that it didn't happen until today. Is there any fix for this issue in 2022 or do I have to wait until the next update for windows...
  3. Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10: I've looked at all the old posts about this and I have tried all the same exact fixes however nothing is helping my case at all. The weird part is that it didn't happen until today. Is there any fix for this issue in 2022 or do I have to wait until the next update for windows...
  4. Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Constant hourglass next to cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant hourglass next to cursor: HP Laptop. Windows 10 V20H2 My desktop has a constant arrow with an hourglass next to it. It may be AVG anti track, which shows up close to the top of Task Mgr. When I go to Control Panel I can see the program there and it is 111mb, But when I try to delete it, I get a...
  6. Windows 10 Flashing Cursor on Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Flashing Cursor on Bootable USB: So I'm switching from Ubuntu Budgie to use Windows 10 and all that shows up is a black screen with a flashing cursor. I've tried switching MSI BIOS settings and have taken out my hard drives just trying to boot into a normal Windows installer. Any help appreciated. I can...
  7. Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines): Every day for the last week 2-3 of the computers in our domain have come up with this issue. There's also over system performance decrease on the affected machines. Microsoft support is useless and won't return my calls after we paid them $500. Anyone know the cause or the...
  8. Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor: Blue busy circle flashing next to cursor. I'm in Windows 10. Tried disabling all start-up apps and rebooting - still is flashing... Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-busy-circle-flashing-next-to-cursor/64cf156f-ac7b-41b0-8e79-8f27324cf465
  9. Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS): Hi there, The flashing loading icon next to the cursor seems to be a common occurrence for those using Windows 10. If you're experiencing the same issue, updating the ATK package may solve the problem on your ASUS device. You can download it from the ASUS Support website....
  10. why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is there a flashing blue circle next to arrow cursor?: I have successfully completed a download of windows 10 and it is running well so far but the blue circle that normally denotes something is downloading or changing is cons tantly flashing 57759