Windows 10: Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11

Discus and support Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I change the color of the alert when a specific app is trying to get my attention in the taskbar?I use a chat app at work and I'm frequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tha1youshouldfear, May 31, 2023.

1. Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11

How can I change the color of the alert when a specific app is trying to get my attention in the taskbar?I use a chat app at work and I'm frequently missing chats or other alerts becuase the color of the alert is more of a "glass" or very light. I've tried to change the taskbar color from light to dark and either way it's unbeliveably hard to see it if I'm not staring at it waiting to barely see the alert.I got it to accidentally show it as an opaque whitish contrast color by switching themes very fequently and when I went to change the color of the Windows Default Mode in COLORS from LIGHT to

:)

tha1youshouldfear, May 31, 2023

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 31, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 11. I understand that Taskbar icons are not working after upgrading to Windows 11. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. What happens when you click on an icon on the Taskbar?
    2. Do you receive any error message/code?
    3. Does this issue occur with all the icons?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try re-registering the taskbar and see if that works. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit Enter: Get-AppXPackage -User ([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent().Name) *ShellExperienceHost* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    3. Restart the PC once the command is complete.

If the issue persists, you can try creating a new user account and then see if you are able to access the icons on the Taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2023
  4. luarasaur Win User

Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11

Stop taskbar icons from flashing when there's been an alert

When a program has an alert of some sort and it isn't in the foreground, the corresponding taskbar icon flashes orange a few times, then glows solid orange.

It's useful to have it glow solid orange. But how to disable the flashing?

Is it possible to prevent it from flashing, without directly modifying the registry?

luarasaur, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11

1. Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Flashing icon alerts

2. Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing icon alerts color on Taskbar in Windows 11: How can I change the color of the alert when a specific app is trying to get my attention in the taskbar?I use a chat app at work and I'm frequently missing chats or other alerts becuase the color of the alert is more of a "glass" or very light. I've tried to change the...
  3. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable taskbar icon flashing: Hello,I am trying to disable the annoying flashing in the taskbar. I have found multiple articles online asking the same thing and none of the steps have worked. Here is what I tried.1 Disable "show badges on taskbard buttons"2 Change the registry key valuesNone of the above...
  4. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable taskbar icon flashing: Hello,I am trying to disable the annoying flashing in the taskbar. I have found multiple articles online asking the same thing and none of the steps have worked. Here is what I tried.1 Disable "show badges on taskbard buttons"2 Change the registry key valuesNone of the above...
  5. Disable taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Orange Flashing Icon in Taskbar Windows 10

Orange Flashing Icon in Taskbar Windows 10: Whenever there is a notification form any application, it flashes in taskbar in orange colour. Like I use MS teams for my classes. Whenever there is a notification, it flashes orange in the taskbar and it won't stop until we actually open that windows. It really irritates me...
  7. Stop taskbar icons from flashing when there's been an alert

Stop taskbar icons from flashing when there's been an alert: When a program has an alert of some sort and it isn't in the foreground, the corresponding taskbar icon flashes orange a few times, then glows solid orange. It's useful to have it glow solid orange. But how to disable the flashing? Is it possible to prevent it from...
  8. Taskbar icon flashing

Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  9. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  10. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10...