Windows 10: Flashing power button/not powering up

Discus and support Flashing power button/not powering up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Alicia_999, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Flashing power button/not powering up

Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to flash and the screen is black and i cant hear it starting up . Please help my computer has a lot of important files for school. This is urgent !

:)

Alicia_999, Jan 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 26, 2019
  3. OOOO Win User
    How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Flashing power button/not powering up SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

4. Flashing power button/not powering up

When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Flashing power button/not powering up

1. Flashing power button/not powering up - Similar Threads - Flashing power button

2. Power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button: I have a new computer, and the Power button is on top - right next to a USB port. When I remove a thumb drive it's tight, my hand will press on the Power button, and it does what it's supposed to. Is there a way to add a confirmation to pressing the Power button...
  3. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing Power button while PC is on: I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn...
  4. Flashing Power button while PC is on

Flashing Power button while PC is on: I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn...
  5. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. No power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No power button: I recently got a Window XP professional with not power button but I connect a keyboard to it lights up there's also a orange light happened every time I connect the power cord to the wall outlet I checked the vga cord and i just bought it yesterday it could be the monitor I'm...
  7. No power button

No power button: I recently got a Window XP professional with not power button but I connect a keyboard to it lights up there's also a orange light happened every time I connect the power cord to the wall outlet I checked the vga cord and i just bought it yesterday it could be the monitor I'm...
  8. power button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    power button?: Where is the control button to startup the computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button/3ab94f1f-449b-441a-94eb-d6b6182136f8
  9. Power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button: Some instructions tell me to press the "power" button. I don't see a button with the word "power" on it. What do I do when I encounter the instruction to press the "power" button?...
  10. Power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power button: I set the power button to to shut down the computer when I press it and saved the changes. However this feature doesn’t work. Nothing changes when I press the button. I consider this feature very useful so I ask you for help...