Windows 10: Flashing Power button while PC is on

Discus and support Flashing Power button while PC is on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Goosen101, May 17, 2023.

1. Goosen101 Win User

Flashing Power button while PC is on

I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn it on again. I'm unsure if this is a problem that requires attention. It's worth noting that my PC case doesn't come with a reset button and hangs loose inside of the case, although I don't think that would be the underlying issue.Thank you very much

:)

Goosen101, May 17, 2023

2. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, May 17, 2023
  3. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 17, 2023
  4. OOOO Win User

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Flashing Power button while PC is on SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

Thema:

1. Flashing Power button while PC is on - Similar Threads - Flashing Power button

2. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashing Power button while PC is on: I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn...
  3. Flashing Power button while PC is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flashing Power button while PC is on: I'm curious to know why the power button on my brand new PC keeps flashing while it's turned on. It blinks about 5 times rapidly, pauses for around 1 second, and then repeats this sequence until I shut down the PC. Interestingly, the same flashing pattern occurs when I turn...
  4. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  5. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  6. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 7050 SFF and ever since my I installed a Windows update, when I shutdown my computer the Power Button LED remains white, basically making it impossible for me to tell when it is on/off.I've had this computer for like two months and this has never...
  8. Flashing black screen after pressing power button

Flashing black screen after pressing power button: Hi all, I have been facing this issue for a while now, which is everytime after I shutdown my laptop and powering it on after about 10 seconds or restarting it, the display would immediately show a flashing black screen and with the hard drive light flashing non-stop. The...
  9. Flashing power button/not powering up

Flashing power button/not powering up: Hi I have a lenovo yoga laptop and for the past few days it wont turn on even though it is fully charged. Whenever I press the on button it starts to flash and the screen is black and i cant hear it starting up . Please help my computer has a lot of important files for...
  10. PC Delayed to power button

PC Delayed to power button: so. first of all my pc is i7 4790k msi guard pro mobo gtx 970 msi 16gb ram seasonic 620 evo i have an AVR when i press the avr i click the power button it doesnt start up no fans or anything untill a second click it will start like 2 seconds later sorry for...