Windows 10: Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install

Discus and support Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install. I figured out how to return to Windows 8.1. It's restoring on my notebook as I typing this question on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rogerbrad69, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install

Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install. I figured out how to return to Windows 8.1. It's restoring on my notebook as I typing this question on my Desktop. I Googled 'flashing screen' and it seems to be a common occurrence. Any help on solving this problem will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

:)

rogerbrad69, Aug 24, 2015

2. New Windows 10 Update Causing Flashing Screen on Asus Transformer

I tried all these solutions too. I have an IT degree and am not computer illiterate. I just took my ASUS VivoBook E403SA out of the box last week. It is new from the factory. I have ruled out a hardware issue. No problems until I used Windows Update
    the FIRST time. Windows performed a lot of updates as my VivoBook was manufactured in November 2016. It looks like a compatibility problem with Windows 10. I have uninstalled iCloud and ALL other Apple software. I don't use Norton AV or IDT audio. I
    have updated the display/video driver. Still the problem continues. I wish Microsoft would look into the matter as the intermittent screen flashing is annoying. Like I said the problem BEGAN after running Windows Update the FIRST time.

Thank You.

ScottAndrews83, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    New Windows 10 Update Causing Flashing Screen on Asus Transformer

If the first solution did not work for you. We suggest to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to check and scan for corruption errors during the update. To perform the task, kindly follow the steps provided on the article below:

Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install

MS has actually admitted this to be a problem with WIN10 -- so at least, they may be working on a fix for it. When they announce that, if it's then a Windows Update, the problem might finally be solved.

Mark Phelps, Aug 24, 2015
  5. snoopy51 Win User
    I experienced this on a HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One. The File Explorer has a failure and generated a dump while Windows Error reporting was run and the Process of Host Synchronization looping.

Norton Antivirus was the culprit.

Restored back to Win 8.1. Uninstalled Norton Antivirus Security and used the Norton Removal Tool after uninstall.
    Upgrade to Windows 10 without any problem. A week later, Norton released a newer version and now it is compatible with Win 10.

snoopy51, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install

1. Flashing screen on new Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Flashing screen install

2. Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering/Flashing: Dear allI hope all is well and thank you in advance for your expert opinions.Would like to seek some advice on my screen flickering/flashing issue on Windows 10. I have looked through multiple websites/forums and implemented a number of change but the issue remains...
  3. Windows 10 install blank screen/flashing cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install blank screen/flashing cursor: Starting off, a few months back I upgraded my ram sticks from 8 gb 4x2 to 16 gb 8x2. After doing that I have the issue of windows not booting from any of my boot devices. I have tried multiple ways which are listed below. Each of these attempts to fix my issue all lead to a...
  4. Windows 10 flashing screen and flashing toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 flashing screen and flashing toolbar: Hello After entering my password the windows 10 screen is flashing including the taskbar. I cannot type anything in the search box. I have looked at the Microsoft help forum but i could not find help. Please can someone help? thank you Vip...
  5. Flashing Screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flashing Screen Windows 10: Trying to fix Flashing Screen on Windows 10. When I log in the screen just flashes and I am unable to see icons or click on anything, all I can do is open up Task Manager. When I look at Services, State Reporting Service CPU Usage is through the roof, and the flashing stops...
  6. New user account - flashing screen

New user account - flashing screen: I'm trying to add a second account to my W10 PC. My main (admin) account works fine. However when I try to add a second account, it gets stuck on the intro screen (this is taking a while...) so I switch off the PC. I can then login into the second account but when I reach the...
  7. New UWQHD screen black flash

New UWQHD screen black flash: Got an new UWQHD screen today changed it with my FHD screen. Problem on win10 i get here and there black flash screen (like it turns off and turns back on) i tryed many (not only the first hit on the search site) solutions from google searching. But it dont stop. On my mac it...
  8. install new windows using flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    install new windows using flash drive: I am low on C space but have a connected flashdrive showing plenty of space for new windows. Try to install on it but will not go to this memory stick. Same with any new updates. Help?...
  9. Flashing black lines on screen after Windows 10 installation

Flashing black lines on screen after Windows 10 installation: Hi Folks, I have finally installed Win 10 on to an Acer Aspire 7750G laptop, after the installation it is getting black flashes quite randomly horizontally across the screen. I followed the windows troubleshooting, updated all the Apps and found that the flashing was...
  10. Windows 10 flashing loading screen

Windows 10 flashing loading screen: Hello! I made an repair cuz i cant download forza horizon 4.I find up the error code and i saw a post on this web.I needed to type a command in cdm which find an corrupt file. It said i only need to reboot the machine, so i restarted it. And now the windows wont boot. It...