Windows 10: Flashing Screen Windows 10

Discus and support Flashing Screen Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to fix Flashing Screen on Windows 10. When I log in the screen just flashes and I am unable to see icons or click on anything, all I can do is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jg23kc, Oct 21, 2020.

1. /u/Jg23kc Win User

Flashing Screen Windows 10

Trying to fix Flashing Screen on Windows 10. When I log in the screen just flashes and I am unable to see icons or click on anything, all I can do is open up Task Manager. When I look at Services, State Reporting Service CPU Usage is through the roof, and the flashing stops sometimes briefly when I End the Service, but it will eventually start again and the service will again start running.

I have tried disabling services with MSCONFIG - Problem Reports Control Panel Support and Windows Error Reporting Service. The blinking becomes faster when I disable these services.

I have tried a System Restore and they have not been able to complete.

I have tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling Device Drivers, this has no affect.

I have attempted to run scripts in CMD, Advanced Admin CMD and in PowerShell and both have been unsuccessful.

I have seen the solutions to Repair and Restart edge, but the first thing I did was uninstall edge as I saw these services were tied to EDGE reporting.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus CPU usage is also jumping all over the place.

I don't really know what to look at next I have looked everywhere and have tried all I have seen online. THANKS in advance.

submitted by /u/Jg23kc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jg23kc, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Flashing Screen Windows 10

Flashing screen on windows 10

• Flashing screen on Lenovo

LK

I have the flashing screen problem starting today but I don't have a problem with it last time. I disabled iCloud and everything else on start up but it did not work. I also disabled problem reports and solutions and also Windows error reporting
    service as suggested by some uses but its still not working. Any ideas? Windows 10 sucks. Now I can't use my computer

LimMei Kei, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Flashing Screen Windows 10

1. Flashing Screen Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Flashing Screen

2. My home screen keeps flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My home screen keeps flashing: Everytime i boot up my pc as soon as my pc finishes loading my home screen goes black and it starts to flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-home-screen-keeps-flashing/c3c6aa32-e521-4a01-b6be-dd71b214c88f
  3. My home screen keeps flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My home screen keeps flashing: Everytime i boot up my pc as soon as my pc finishes loading my home screen goes black and it starts to flash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-home-screen-keeps-flashing/c3c6aa32-e521-4a01-b6be-dd71b214c88f
  4. Windows 10 flashing then going away with a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 flashing then going away with a black screen: I've recently gotten a old pc that I wanted to fix and when I downloaded a copy of windows 10 it boots up then acouple of seconds go by and the windows 10 logo appears for 2 seconds and goes away and after I waited nothing happens its just a black screen with a flashing line...
  5. Windows 10 flashing then going away with a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 flashing then going away with a black screen: I've recently gotten a old pc that I wanted to fix and when I downloaded a copy of windows 10 it boots up then acouple of seconds go by and the windows 10 logo appears for 2 seconds and goes away and after I waited nothing happens its just a black screen with a flashing line...
  6. Windows 10 flashing then going away with a black screen

7. Flashing screen

Flashing screen: Hey team,My computer has been black screen after tabbing out of a game with windows key. After restarting, It is allowing me to enter my password, but after signing in, it goes black screen and flashes. The only thing that opens is task manager. I’ve restarted, entered safe...
  8. Flashing screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing screen: Hey team,My computer has been black screen after tabbing out of a game with windows key. After restarting, It is allowing me to enter my password, but after signing in, it goes black screen and flashes. The only thing that opens is task manager. I’ve restarted, entered safe...
  9. Flashing screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...

When I play a game and change volume or any pop-up comes up the screen flashes black then...: Having a Problem with a few certain games where if I change volume or any pop-ups appear on screen, my screen flashes once then once again when the pop-up leaves. I'm using a windows 11 Lenovo Laptop and this hasn't happened before on Version 11 on anything else before so any...