Windows 10: Flashing Screen

Discus and support Flashing Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good morning all. Of I sign in on my Dell XPS laptop with Win 10 Pro with a administrator account set up as a local user the laptop works perfecty.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JohnPinca, Sep 13, 2020.

1. JohnPinca Win User

Flashing Screen

Good morning all.
    Of I sign in on my Dell XPS laptop with Win 10 Pro with a administrator account set up as a local user the laptop works perfecty.
    If I try and sign in with another user account that is setup to work with my office domain I am unable to sign in, as soon as I enter the password the screen starts flashing with a black backgroud, no icons are shown, just windows button, search bar in bottom left and time in bottom right, non of which I can left or right click on. I can only CTRL-ALT-DEL to switch user.
    The only solution is to log in as the local user first, then connect to our VPN, after which I can then sign in as another user with no issues.

Whisly itritating, the issue is that I need to have internet access to connect to tje VPN, obviously no internet means I am unable to access my other account

Thoughts ?

many thanks

John

:)

JohnPinca, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Screen flashes black for a second

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check as driver updates are also part of Windows updates.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also uninstall and reinstall Display drivers from manufacturer website and check. Refer the steps below.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device Manager

• Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

• Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Properties

• Go to Driver tab.

• Select Uninstall and follow onscreen instructions.

You may also refer the link below and follow the suggestions suggested.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Do let us know if the screen flashes. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Flashing Screen

My screen keep flashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the screen keeps flashing, like outdated display drivers or corrupted user profile.

Please answer the following questions for us not to repeat the same troubleshooting steps:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the display drivers?
    • Have you tried to check Windows update?

Ryan Fra, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Flashing Screen

1. Flashing Screen - Similar Threads - Flashing Screen

2. Flash between lock screen and pin number input upon boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash between lock screen and pin number input upon boot Windows 10: Ok, so as you can see in the title my PC is flashing between the lock screen and pin number input upon boot in Windows 10.So far I've gone to safe mode and got rid of my display drivers.I've done chkdsk.I've done some other scans in the command prompt one created a DISM...
  3. Flash between lock screen and pin number input upon boot Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Flash between lock screen and pin number input upon boot Windows 10: Ok, so as you can see in the title my PC is flashing between the lock screen and pin number input upon boot in Windows 10.So far I've gone to safe mode and got rid of my display drivers.I've done chkdsk.I've done some other scans in the command prompt one created a DISM...
  4. Flash between lock screen and pin number input upon boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time: So it started with my pc flashing black screen and freezing at the same time with the usb sound thing, I already brought it to a technician and they told me my ssd was defective being 87%, they replaced it with a new one but when I came home with it and it's mostly lagging...
  6. Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time

Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time: So it started with my pc flashing black screen and freezing at the same time with the usb sound thing, I already brought it to a technician and they told me my ssd was defective being 87%, they replaced it with a new one but when I came home with it and it's mostly lagging...
  7. Pc flashing black screen with usb sound only sometimes and freezing at the same time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen: Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers still it is present but when I uninstalled the graphic drivers using ddu and run the game the flashing stopped. Only when the graphic drivers is installed it is...
  9. Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen

Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen: Red and blue coloured flashings are appearing on my screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics drivers still it is present but when I uninstalled the graphic drivers using ddu and run the game the flashing stopped. Only when the graphic drivers is installed it is...
  10. Windows 10 screen continually flashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen continually flashing: Windows 10 PC is stable at start up, but starts flashing as soon as I log on.The system has an ASROCK A320M mobo, and a VGA monitor - no separate graphics cardWhat I have done - from installation USB:created a new admin account;run sfc from command prompt could not ..reseated...