Windows 10: Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

Discus and support Flashing taskbar grey desktop background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a temp account i got logged into after a bsod so i found a tutorial that said delete the temp account file and change the bak at the end of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HalotiC, Jan 25, 2020.

1. HalotiC Win User

Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

I had a temp account i got logged into after a bsod so i found a tutorial that said delete the temp account file and change the bak at the end of my user to nothing and then log back in but now it it gives me a grey background with a flashing taskbar. Any help? Thanks

:)

HalotiC, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

1. Flashing taskbar grey desktop background - Similar Threads - Flashing taskbar grey

2. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe: When i start my pc explorer.exe keeps crashing and i get a black background with blinking taskbar but only when shutdown not on restart.previously i kept getting this error but when i restarted the pc not shut it down after in-place upgrade it now does this on shutdown not on...
  3. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe: When i start my pc explorer.exe keeps crashing and i get a black background with blinking taskbar but only when shutdown not on restart.previously i kept getting this error but when i restarted the pc not shut it down after in-place upgrade it now does this on shutdown not on...
  4. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  6. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  7. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  9. Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Desktop Flashing After Upgrade: I just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and now my computer starts flashing out of no where. The taskbar and the desktop starts flashing. When this happens I can not do anything. When it stops, I can not use the start button. I do not know what to do. *Sad 10876
  10. Upgrade and now flashing desktop/taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade and now flashing desktop/taskbar: I've seen lots of people posting about this all over the internet but as of yet not found a clear fix to my problem. I registered for the upgrade a while ago and the 'check' said that my system was fine. It's a HP TouchSmart 520 and is 2 to 3 years old. Today I got the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gray screen windows bar flashing