Windows 10: FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER Warning

Discus and support FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER Warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. My WinPatrol has just sent me this warning: [img] I removed the update via WinPatrol and also 'killed it' - that only stops it appearing on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy078, May 12, 2017.

1. Taffy078 Win User

FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER Warning

Hi. My WinPatrol has just sent me this warning:

FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER Warning [​IMG]

I removed the update via WinPatrol and also 'killed it' - that only stops it appearing on start-up and later - it doesn't remove it from my PC of course.

I searched and found this thread from Sept 2014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-68a42ec6e8fd

I've visited several sites this week where this fake alert popped up. I didn't click on it knowing that Patch Tuesday was bound to bring yet another Update for Flash, which it did. So I can't understand why it's still trying to install.

The offending program is FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER.

I've just run Malwarebytes Free and it gave me the all clear. What do you recommend I should do next please?

PS I haven't got Skype.

:)

Taffy078, May 12, 2017
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Fake Adobe Flash Update - Skype users hit too

Having dug deeper in WinPatrol, I found the file name -

FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER

Searching has indicated that it's malware eg this article in
    >isthisfilesafe.com <
    so I'll now have to do all the usual tests etc to make sure it really was blocked by WinPatrol.

As I've said many times before, I hope that Microsoft will find a way to drop Flash altogether - it's riddled with security flaws and many acknowledged experts have advised users to remove it. Unfortunately I can't - I need it for Microsoft and for a few
    utility companies.

0b9b4e30684d086ff3bbb7a3f369f5058e7cd4df.exe Details. Is this file safe? Check the directory

Taffy087, May 12, 2017
  3. bluetooth icon does not show up in action center

Hello , I'm a windows 10 user and I have tried everything and nothing is working please help, because i never created a restore point if there is any other solution please tell me, thanks

Loud Warning, May 12, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, May 13, 2017
  5. Windows does not update pepper flash, only activex. The version seems legitimate.
    You can download this, it is beta version, it does not contain junk like a normal installer.
    Code: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/p...player/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER Warning - Similar Threads - FLASHUTIL32_25_0_0_148_PEPPER Warning

2. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  3. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  4. Changing a Security Warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Live captions keep popping up "Captions are being missed" warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live captions keep popping up "Captions are being missed" warning: I enjoy reading captions while watching videos on YouTube and other social media platforms. The only minor issue is that a small window pops up, somewhat blocking my screen. I clicked the "Got it" button to dismiss it, but it keeps popping up again. It bothers me all the...
  6. Live captions keep popping up "Captions are being missed" warning

Live captions keep popping up "Captions are being missed" warning: I enjoy reading captions while watching videos on YouTube and other social media platforms. The only minor issue is that a small window pops up, somewhat blocking my screen. I clicked the "Got it" button to dismiss it, but it keeps popping up again. It bothers me all the...
  7. My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...: Computer NameABScan Time2024-04-14T08:11:15ZScan Duration60 secondSystem ManufacturerDell Inc.System Product NameVostro 3559BIOS Date09/01/2020BIOS Version1.8.0OS Build19045Platform RolePlatformRoleMobilePlugged IntrueProcess Count212Thread Count2575Report...
  8. My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...

My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...: Computer NameABScan Time2024-04-14T08:11:15ZScan Duration60 secondSystem ManufacturerDell Inc.System Product NameVostro 3559BIOS Date09/01/2020BIOS Version1.8.0OS Build19045Platform RolePlatformRoleMobilePlugged IntrueProcess Count212Thread Count2575Report...
  9. My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. all 4 warnings before pc crashes everytime please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all 4 warnings before pc crashes everytime please help: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID S-1-5-19 from address...