Windows 10: Flaw in 'Path Copy'

Discus and support Flaw in 'Path Copy' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Path Copy in the File Explorer context menu. If anyone else here does so too I'd appreciate your checking out an apparent flaw please. Here's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terrypin, May 9, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Flaw in 'Path Copy'

I use Path Copy in the File Explorer context menu. If anyone else here does so too I'd appreciate your checking out an apparent flaw please. Here's an illustration:

Flaw in 'Path Copy' [​IMG]

The folder
    C:\Users\terry\Maps\Google Maps
    can be opened with this Internet Path link
    file://terry-2016/Users/terry/Maps/Google%20Maps

But this cannot
    C:\Users\terry\Maps\GPS+GPX files\
    file://terry-2016/Users/terry/Maps/GPS+GPX%20files/UK%20Walks%20GPX

I'm guessing it's because of that plus sign in the path.

Note that I use only the Internet Path option, which I find the most useful.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, May 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Windows Update Error (0x8024402f)

Nope.

Copy the path of the cab file.

This can be done by Press Shift and Right click the .cab file, then click copy file path.

Then paste the path after

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"<Your copied path here,right click and select paste.>"

Path should be in quotes.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 9, 2017
  3. updates to the nokia maps application

the point is not that every algorithm has its flaws and we have to live with them whatever software we have

the point is that now it's clear that there are 2 different software developing paths, one for new devices and one for old devices....will be this paths be both developed or the old devices is dead?

don't tell me to ask nokia...they'll rarely respond to legitimate questions...they will not respond to this one

hybris---01, May 9, 2017
Thema:

Flaw in 'Path Copy'

1. Flaw in 'Path Copy' - Similar Threads - Flaw 'Path Copy'

2. unable to copy files to android phone with long path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to copy files to android phone with long path: When transferring file/folder to device whose path is very long, from Windows File explorer android phone MTP device, file transfer stops abruptlyno error popups shown and the files are not transferred.Detailed info:absolute file path - source:...
  3. PDF Files corrupted after a long path copy

PDF Files corrupted after a long path copy: Hi Guys, I am having a problem with my .pdf files and when I copy them in a long path then they turn into corrupted files ! Well I wanna put everything in order in my computer and well it needs a lot of foldering but when I copy a pdf file which requires long path copying,...
  4. NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name

NirCmd: Copy Path vs. Copy File Name: Merging the following code in the Registry adds a "Copy File Path" context-menu in File Explorer and it works properly. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath] @="Copy File Path" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\CopyFilePath\command]...
  5. "Copy as Path" hotkey?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Copy as Path" hotkey?: I use Copy as Path command a LOT. I would be so much more productive if I didn't have to hold the SHIFT key, right-click on the file I need the address, and hunt down the "Copy as Path" option in the context menu before switching windows to paste. I've searched everywhere......
  6. Flawed software.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flawed software.: When will you fix the recent updates that cause browsers both firefox and edge to crash every time I try to print from the browsers. Printers work fine when printing from Word. fr...
  7. Path Copy problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Path Copy problem: Any users of the handy tool Path Copy around? In Win 10 File Explorer if I right click the file C:\Users\terry\Dropbox\CD-DVD Inserts\Basics\1500x1180Quartered-2.pspimage and use Path Copy > Internet Path, it delivers...
  8. Authenticator flaw.

Authenticator flaw.: Is there a way to block access after accepting a request on Authenticator? My friend was out in public and got two requests at the same time (one was them and another from someone behind them). It got them very worried and this should be a very clear feature if you...
  9. How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?: In explorer if i navigate to a file and press F2 / copy that will only copy the filename "da.txt" to clipboard... i want this: "c:\files\blah\dee\da.txt" I see it's in the file Properties/Security/Object Name... it can be selected and copied. Is there a faster way? Thanks!...
  10. Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Copy Path in File Explorer in Windows 10 Copy path or Copy as path will copy the full path of selected items (files and folders) wrapped in quotes to the Clipboard so you can paste the full path(s) of the item(s)...