Windows 10: Flicker screen due to connection and disconnection of another Display.

Discus and support Flicker screen due to connection and disconnection of another Display. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My Dell Laptop with Window 10 is running in problem, Whenever i used my laptop its flickering automatically. i got the issue that Second display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnkitJadon, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Flicker screen due to connection and disconnection of another Display.

Hi,

My Dell Laptop with Window 10 is running in problem, Whenever i used my laptop its flickering automatically. i got the issue that Second display is connect and disconnect automatically. even i never used VGA cable and didn't connect my Laptop with another screen. In devices it shows Generic PNP monitor connect for some while and disconnect in 2 sec. in this time, no VGA connect with the laptop.

tell me the solution i am very frustrated due to it. my work is hampering. You can call me on +91 8882702599.

Regards

Ankit Jadon

:)

AnkitJadon, Jul 21, 2020
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you connected any external monitors to the computer?

To narrow down the issue, I suggest you to try connecting another monitor as well as another monitor cable and check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

If the issue persists after checking with another monitor and the monitor cable, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 and check if this
    helps.

Method 2:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on your desktop > Click on
      Display settings > On the right-pane, scroll down and click on
      Advanced display settings
    2. Click on the Display adapter properties for Display 1 > In the next window, go to
      Monitor tab > Under Screen refresh rate drop-down menu, try changing the desired Hertz rate.
    3. Restart the computer after changing each rate and check if the issue persists.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Flicker screen due to connection and disconnection of another Display.

"Screen Flicker Freakouts"

Hi Scottie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that the screen flickers in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused if the Display drivers are corrupted or due to incompatible apps.

I suggest you to go through the below article and follow the steps given.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Flicker screen due to connection and disconnection of another Display.

1. Flicker screen due to connection and disconnection of another Display. - Similar Threads - Flicker screen due

2. Display connection connecting and disconnecting upon display sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display connection connecting and disconnecting upon display sleep: Hello!I've been having an issue wherein whenever my screen times out after however much time its set to windows will repeatedly play the connect and disconnect sound. This seems to be limited to DisplayPort, since HDMI as far as I'm aware didn't have this issue. Things I've...
  3. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  4. Display or screen flickers

Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  5. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue: Windows 10 screen flickering on Dell Laptop. Have previously updated and rolled back display driver and was fixed but last W/10 update defaulted driver and issue resumed, uninstalled display driver via windows instructions but did not work and roll back option not available...
  7. Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue

Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue: Windows 10 screen flickering on Dell Laptop. Have previously updated and rolled back display driver and was fixed but last W/10 update defaulted driver and issue resumed, uninstalled display driver via windows instructions but did not work and roll back option not available...
  8. Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Flickering screen / no display on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flickering screen / no display on laptop: Hello, i have a issue with the display after the following update. KB5000808. I am using dell laptop 5558, with intel hd graphics 4400. At present I am using the pc by connecting it to my TV. Unfortunately I have no restore point to restore my laptop. If I try to uninstall...
  10. Flickering screen due to battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flickering screen due to battery: Okay, so I have/had a flickering screen. I ran virus scans, checked drivers, safe mode, all the usual internet fixes. Then I plugged it back in as the battery got low. Low and behold, the screen stopped flickering. Unplugged it, flickered again. Okay, so I then searched for...