Windows 10: Flickering and blinking laptop screen

Discus and support Flickering and blinking laptop screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If it doesn't hang waiting I would ignore. Otherwise, and I can't remember, did you disable fast startup in windows or disable hibernation as we went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barndoor, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Flickering and blinking laptop screen

If it doesn't hang waiting I would ignore. Otherwise, and I can't remember, did you disable fast startup in windows or disable hibernation as we went through fix process. If you did then you could turn back on. If you didn't then you've changed a BIOS setting.

See if you have one called FastBoot. There may also be another option to show this menu or not. Hence my previous comments, write down existing so you can reset. On my existing Asus I can take screen prints, handy when you are only in there every couple of years.

Really happy to hear its working and as a bonus you get a chance to explore your BIOS in detail.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2017
  2. EdTittel Win User

I ran into a similar problem on my son's Dell XPS27 two nights ago, right after WUMT offered an Intel HD4600 driver update to me, and I installed it. All I had to do was use the "Roll Back Driver" button in Device Manager for that device (I show a screencap from my production desktop here, which has a GeForce 750 Ti instead):

Flickering and blinking laptop screen [​IMG]

When the driver is the cause, and you haven't cleaned out the predecessor driver, you can use this approach both expeditiously and effectively.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 23, 2017
  3. bro67 Win User
    The home electric and other items would not affect the inverter for the LCD screen, since the battery acts like a UPS to help keep power spikes and the such from causing issues. The inverters for the screens have been known to fail, especially on off brand units that are not built to higher standards as known brand units.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

1. Flickering and blinking laptop screen - Similar Threads - Flickering blinking laptop

2. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  3. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  4. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  6. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  7. Screen flickering/blinking issue

8. Screen flicker/blink when background change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flicker/blink when background change.: Something weird start to happen on my pc, every time my sideshow background change, my browser flicker / blink, Video https://streamable.com/c896i (last clip slowmo) GIF- https://i.imgur.com/rsFe1T7.gifv Any solutions ? I7 6900K GTX 1060 16Gb Ram. Driver Up to date....
  9. flickering and blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering and blinking: my screen flickers and blinks for a while when I go to a new site. Does this indicate the presence of a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-and-blinking/6284db35-060d-442f-b0af-a97818fca5ba
  10. Screen Flickering & Blinking issue

Screen Flickering & Blinking issue: Few months ago i tried to install Linux (Ubuntu) in my HP Notebook. After installing, the screen starts flickering & blinking. Couldn't solve it. So i get back to windows but facing the same issue here in windows also. I have two graphics card. One is Intel HD graphics 620 &...