Windows 10: flickering and blinking

Discus and support flickering and blinking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my screen flickers and blinks for a while when I go to a new site. Does this indicate the presence of a virus?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dave W186, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Dave W186 Win User

flickering and blinking

my screen flickers and blinks for a while when I go to a new site. Does this indicate the presence of a virus?

:)

Dave W186, Feb 10, 2019
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Windows Screen flickering or Blinking

I don't know what happened my laptop screen is flickering continuously. Can anyone help in solving in this. It will flicker or blink for a while and it stops again after a time the same thing happens.

Hemanth Reddy, Feb 10, 2019
  4. flickering and blinking

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

flickering and blinking

1. flickering and blinking - Similar Threads - flickering blinking

2. Laptop screen is flickering/blinking randomly while using is it because of update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen is flickering/blinking randomly while using is it because of update?: Company DellInspiron 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-is-flickeringblinking-randomly-while/cd536eae-053f-490b-ba06-4be857bb833c
  3. Laptop screen is flickering/blinking randomly while using is it because of update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen is flickering/blinking randomly while using is it because of update?: Company DellInspiron 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-is-flickeringblinking-randomly-while/cd536eae-053f-490b-ba06-4be857bb833c
  4. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  5. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

Screen Flickering/Blinking issue: Hello,Screen Flickering issue with graphics drivers.First I have disable Intel graphics card after pc restart the issue remains same.Second I have enabled Intel graphics card and disabled nvidia graphics card after pc restart there is no flickering or blinking issue.Here what...
  6. Screen Flickering/Blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  8. Screen flickering/blinking issue

Screen flickering/blinking issue: I'm using Hp-15da1006ne with windows 10 Home version.Screen gets flickered/blink state immediate after windows start.After normal using sometimes it blinks and stops again and again which is very annoying.I have tried deleting the two graphics devics Intel and nvidia but even...
  9. Screen flickering/blinking issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows 10 causing Dell P4317Q monitor to flicker/blink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 causing Dell P4317Q monitor to flicker/blink: I'm so aggravated over whatever Windows 10 update is now causing my monitor to blink. I know it's not my monitor because it works perfectly with the latest Linux Mint operating system. So, this is clearly caused by Microsoft. I wish Microsoft would stop screwing around with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop display flickering on wifi only

2. windows 10 1903 screen flickering

3. intel hd screen blinking 1903

4. my monitor blinks once and a while