Windows 10: Flickering Cortana Home Screen

Discus and support Flickering Cortana Home Screen in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, just a minor issue with Cortana. I just got this new laptop and there is a button in the bottom left corner of the task bar that brings up Cortana.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RaeAM, Jun 19, 2019.

1. RaeAM Win User

Flickering Cortana Home Screen

Hi, just a minor issue with Cortana. I just got this new laptop and there is a button in the bottom left corner of the task bar that brings up Cortana. Pretty normal, yeah? But when I open Cortana, the home page is constantly flickering, almost like the text keeps jumping up and down. The text is of a notice to use the Cortana skill for productivity on your Alexa device. The text and image that goes along with it constantly bounce up and down on the screen. I have opened it several times and only once has it remained still. Additionally, I cannot find a way to get rid of this message, as I do not have an Alexa device, so I am not in need of the skill. Any way to fix this?

:)

RaeAM, Jun 19, 2019

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Flickering Cortana Home Screen

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Flickering Cortana Home Screen

1. Flickering Cortana Home Screen - Similar Threads - Flickering Cortana Home

2. Flickering screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering screen: After last windows 11 update my laptop screen is flickeringTask Manager is not flickeringI uninstalled display adapter and rebooted the system - no software updatesMicrosoft WINDOWS 11 home10.0.22621 Build 22621any suggestions?...
  3. Screen Flickering

Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  4. Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  5. Screen flickering

Screen flickering: My LAPTOP screen has been flickering while playing games. Even not playing games its only light flickering as game use too much cpu i think. Pleas HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering/5eda1ffb-bc1e-4ca7-bd94-c47113ec0dfb
  6. Screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering: I got ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL Laptop - Type 20VE with the 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @ 2.80 GHz, the IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics , Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed. I updated to the newest version the BIOS, the display drivers, Windows 10 updates and made sure every driver is...
  7. Search and Cortana not working And Screen flickering

in Cortana
    Search and Cortana not working And Screen flickering: I have this problem for half a year now and I still have no solutions... I checked on event viewer and every time my screen flickers this happens Fault bucket 1727114973714486805, type 5 Event Name: MoAppCrash Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1:...
  8. Screen Flickering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering.: Hi there, A couple of days ago the screen of my laptop started flickering. I know this is not a hardware issue because when I try to move the screen the issue is still there and if the laptop is on for a while then it gets fixed but as soon as the screen goes to sleep the...
  9. Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flicker: I just had the same problem with a Nvidia 2080ti OC and Intel i9-9900k CPU and all new updates from Windows and Nvidia. I corrected the problem using VSync: turned on. I am flying P3D V4.5 and all the Graphics setting in P3D set to max and flying at Innsbruck Austria. My...
  10. screen flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen flickering: I just bought a new ASUS notebook and installed Windows 10, but keep experiencing flickering screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-flickering/3e50c742-17a8-4ec5-b1c6-dfebe6026b1c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana flickering

2. cortana home flickers

3. why does cortana flicker

4. cortana is flickering,
  5. why is cortana flickering,
  6. windows 10 cortana flickering,
  7. cortana keeps flickering,
  8. cortana flickers,
  9. cortana search is flickering,
  10. flickering cortana,
  11. why is my cortana flickering,