Windows 10: Flickering graphics with new video card

Discus and support Flickering graphics with new video card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This is a tricky one. I bought a new video card, a gtx 1660 super and using my existing display port cable gives me this weird flickering on the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RealZeal, Jul 10, 2020.

1. RealZeal Win User

Flickering graphics with new video card

This is a tricky one. I bought a new video card, a gtx 1660 super and using my existing display port cable gives me this weird flickering on the bottom half of the screen. The cable works fine with my old card. I then tried a standard HDMI cable and the flickering problem is completely gone. I don't have another display port cable to try unfortunately. Is it feasible the cable is faulty with one card and not the other? I'm tempted to return the card as faulty but maybe it isn't.
    Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

:)

RealZeal, Jul 10, 2020
  2. JohnR2 Win User

New GT 730 graphic card flickers

I needed to upgrade my graphics card because the old card was no longer supported. I choose the PNY GeForce GT 730. My first attempt was flickering screen. Spoke to PNY and they felt it was a bad card. Newegg replaced the card and again flickering. News came out that the Nvidia drive was bad. Tried again with the new drive and still flickering. If I go to device manager and delete the card, flickering stops and the PC function. Once rebooted the drives are reinstalled and flickering starts. I've tried Nvidia old drives as well but with the same results. Any suggestion?

JohnR2, Jul 10, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Flickering graphics with new video card

Video or Graphics Card

Hi Harold,

In order for you to know the the type of video or graphics card you currently have, you may follow the steps provided below:

• Right-click on the (Start button) or Windows icon from the lower left portion of your screen.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Once the Device Manager opens, look for Display adapters and click the
      > icon. Under Display adapter you will see the Graphics card that you have.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Flickering graphics with new video card

1. Flickering graphics with new video card - Similar Threads - Flickering graphics video

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-

Graphic card (or motherboard?) flickering / crashing.-: Good evening. I'm having a problem since one week ago and IDK if it's related to the motherboard or the video card or what. SPECS: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1081Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz / Ivy Bridge 22nm TechnologyCorsair Hydro Series H100i v2Corsair Vengeance Pro 16,0GB...
  4. Netflix, video, graphic card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netflix, video, graphic card: have had my Huawei laptop with Windows 10 on it and I play Netflix from the App. The video starts and plays like normal for about 5-8 minutes, then the screen size in the video player changes size about every 6 seconds creating a flickering. It flickers from one screen...
  5. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  6. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  7. New Graphics Card

New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...
  8. Flickering in Facebook Games - Suspect Graphics Card

Flickering in Facebook Games - Suspect Graphics Card: My partner likes to play that Candy Crush game on Facebook, but she's finding that the buttons on the game flicker annoyingly all the time. I had a look and I figured it was a graphics card issue, so I updated the graphics drivers. That didn't work, so I updated Adobe Flash....
  9. New Video Card

New Video Card: I have been thinking of getting an EVGA 1080 FTW video card. I currently have an Radeon R9 290 card. Would upgrading make that much difference in games like Farcry 4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1 etc? My system stats are up to date. 77763
  10. New GT 730 graphic card flickers

New GT 730 graphic card flickers: I needed to upgrade my graphics card because the old card was no longer supported. I choose the PNY GeForce GT 730. My first attempt was flickering screen. Spoke to PNY and they felt it was a bad card. Newegg replaced the card and again flickering. News came out that the...