Windows 10: Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

Discus and support Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omfgdevin, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Omfgdevin Win User

Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter

I regret to say that this issue started occuring shortly after downloading some torrents. I was looking to cut some costs and decided to cancel my DJ pool subscriptions and download some music. Unfortunately, not only did I get some terrible quality audio, this flickering issue started occuring.

Unfortunately I decided to keep the music for a couple of weeks to practice with at home (the quality was far too bad to play live, at least by my standards). After a few weeks I decided I would get rid of all the files and really try and tackle the issue.

It turns out I am too late for a system restore before the issue started occuring. I started going through malwaretip.com's fix all guide, as well as downloading my own brew of anti virus software.

I'm nearly certain I have the virus handled, however the problem still remains. Honestly it's more of a nuisance than anything.

So far I've ran a chkdsk /r and then a sfc /scannow. I was unsure if I could install my graphics drivers all the way to see if that was the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Omfgdevin, Apr 2, 2016

2. After installation, Windows 10 fails to load existiing Apps

Installed Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional. After entering my login ID into Windows 10, loading of existing apps hangs up and the screen flickers while trying to find and load apps. how can I resolve this problem.

Bernie_123, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Iam not getting lock screen in windows 10

I tried changing lock screen picture but doesn't work. After installing windows 10 my lock screen kept flickering until i pressed alt cntrl delete buttons after that it showed the log in window not the lock screen and I did some updates then i tought flickering
    was gone and still when i switch on they directly go to the login window and i noticed that flickering was still there but after a few second..pls help

I think sth might hav went wrong during installation. Like my pc is slow than it was b4.

AustineKJomy, Apr 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Your problem has nothing to do with canceling your subscription. It is either a driver issue for the video and audio driver issues. Without knowing what the spec's are for the machine, what the latest drivers are for audio and video, monitor, refresh rate, how you are connected to the monitor, what you are using to listen to audio, it is just a guessing game at this point.

Chkdisk and SFC are not going to solve hardware issues. They are checking hard drive and software problems. As for the music pool, it is just that. Nothing to do with the other that you are having.

Also A/V software is not going to do anything with this issue.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  5. Omfgdevin Win User
    Maybe I got a little off topic with the cause of the issue. The sound quality for my regular files is perfectly fine, it's just the bootleg audio quality is horrible. I was just saying it was a mistake in the first place downloading torrented music files.

I'm assuming whatever virus I had damaged some drivers. I'm just having a hard time fixing the issue.

Omfgdevin, Apr 2, 2016
  6. Omfgdevin Win User
    The only issue is a flickering of the windows screen during the login process. The monitor itself stays on. The problem wasn't there before downloading music, that's why i'm leaning towards a virus.

Omfgdevin, Apr 2, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    No biggie. Better to give the back story when this happened, then leave it vague.

As for the Torrents, yes you are going to get infected, unless it is from a torrent site ran by the company you are downloading from, that uses torrents to ease up on the FTP servers.

There is a good walk through on the majorgeeks.com Malware forum, titled "Reas me first".

I would check and make sure that you have the drivers from the motherboard manufactur, instead of the Microsoft version. Alao make sure that Refresh rate is correct for your monitor.

Turn off the ability for Windows to download drivers. Some of the drivers are not working with all motherboards.

Boot leg mp3's are written at the lowest rate, to keep people from sharing. Same thing with videos.

bro67, Apr 2, 2016
  8. Omfgdevin Win User

That could also be my issue. The only drivers i've downloaded have been the "allow windows to search automatically for updates". I'll do an individual search for each driver.

Omfgdevin, Apr 2, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Do not search for the correct drivers, because you will get reinfected. Download the drivers for the GPU from NVidia if a PCI-e card. If built into the motherboard and was a system you built. MSI would have their drivers.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Flickering Of Windows 10 Login screen after pressing enter - Similar Threads - Flickering Login screen

2. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  3. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  4. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 flickering after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 flickering after login: Hello I'm having issues with flickering caused by the Storage services after I login I am unable to use my computer for a couple of minutes as it flickers black.If I disable storage services it does not cause this issue however I am unable to use and windows store apps...
  6. Grey screen flicker after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  7. Grey screen flicker after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  8. Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps flickering at login screen, can't click or press anything: Every time I've tried booting up my PC, the login screen keeps flickering. I guess it's due to my display drivers being outdated, but I can't even click anything on the screen. I've tried turning off my PC, turning it on again and pressing F8 to boot into safe mode. However,...
  9. Windows 10 Login Screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Login Screen flickering: Last two days facing the issue of login screen flickering with black color. I can't understand what's the exact problem, trying my own way but can't fixed. I have check that my windows and it's driver is up to date. Please help, how to fix that?[ATTACH]...
  10. Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Press enter key cannot get login screen Windows 10: Hi all, when i switch on my own laptop, the welcome screen comes up. For some reason, when i press the enter key or any key on keyboard, it does not take me to the login screen. I have to click the mouse to enter the login screen and password box. However, i can click enter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flickering of the windows screen during the login process windows 10

2. screen flickers after entering login