Windows 10: Flickering screen / no display on laptop

Discus and support Flickering screen / no display on laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i have a issue with the display after the following update. KB5000808. I am using dell laptop 5558, with intel hd graphics 4400. At present I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by venoyvijayan, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Flickering screen / no display on laptop

Hello, i have a issue with the display after the following update. KB5000808. I am using dell laptop 5558, with intel hd graphics 4400. At present I am using the pc by connecting it to my TV.

Unfortunately I have no restore point to restore my laptop. If I try to uninstall the update it keep updating upon restart. My pc has the latest version of drivers. Does any body has similar issue and could anybody suggest any fix in this issue?

:)

venoyvijayan, Mar 17, 2021
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Mar 17, 2021
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

4. Flickering screen / no display on laptop

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Flickering screen / no display on laptop

1. Flickering screen / no display on laptop - Similar Threads - Flickering screen display

2. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  3. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display or screen flickers: My screen flickers for every 2 minutes and I dont know what is going on. I dont think it is a hardware concern since this is a brand new machine. Windows is also updated and I dont make any changes on this PC....
  4. Display or screen flickers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Flickering and Display Drivers Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering and Display Drivers Help: I have a Surface pro 4 and the screen is flickering. I tried to do what Windows said and it is still flickering. Any suggetions on what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-and-display-drivers-help/684f3438-e558-446e-af97-0fce435c94f3
  6. laptop screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop screen flickering: i have encountered my laptop screen flicker for last 3-4 day in which half of my screen flickers but when ever i switch to my secondary scrren or turn my laptop scrren and re open it its ok for some time but again starts to flicker i have updated deleted all the drivers and...
  7. Laptop screen flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen flickers: When I tap my HP laptop it flickers and screen disappears with lines. It does come back but keeps doing it. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-flickers/179ca7b2-ad2d-4570-afff-e10914804b24
  8. Laptop Flickering Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Flickering Screen: I searched online for solutions to fixing my laptop's flickering screen on windows 10, so I tried uninstalling the display driver but that didnt work. In fact, it looks like it got worse, as some settings were reset and i can no longer change the brightness. Are there better...
  9. Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop display flickers, but will not display anything: Hello! This morning (around 9 AM Eastern, 2019-06-17), I turned on my computer, and signed in. On the welcome screen however, the computer froze up, and after performing a hard shutdown, it would not boot. I've gotten it to boot up a couple of times, only to get a Blue...
  10. Laptop screen flicker

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen flicker: Hello all, I noticed that the screen on my laptop flickers every now and then. when it does it, it looks like part of the image cuts out or is garbled. Really, it happens to fast to be able to tell for sure. Oddly enough, it seems to always be towards the bottom of the...