Windows 10: Flickering video during playback on YT and FB

Discus and support Flickering video during playback on YT and FB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I play a video on MPC its fine, but if i play a youtube video or facebook video it flickers...is there a fix for this as ive literally fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snadge, Mar 2, 2016.

1. snadge Win User

Flickering video during playback on YT and FB

If I play a video on MPC its fine, but if i play a youtube video or facebook video it flickers...is there a fix for this as ive literally fresh installed this 2 days ago and nothing but problems with it and thinking about loading my win7 backup back on

running latest nVidia driver

edit: also youtube videos 60-70% of the time wont play straight away and have to wait 10 seconds

system is 3.6Ghz Core-i5 / 8Gb / GTX650 / Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb

if anyone can help I would appreciate it

thanks

:)

snadge, Mar 2, 2016
  2. sallen1 Win User

Flickering on Saving Video .mp4 from Windows Movie Maker

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. During the install, I lost Media Player but after some help in the forum I got it back. When I was able to re-install it, I was able to then run windows movie Maker. When I render the video to be able to upload it to
    the internet, it plays fine in Movie Maker, but playback online (such as youtube) or playback via Media Player results in flickering. I've spent hours trying to search for similar problems and cannot find a solution. I have updated all my drivers and software,
    and my system shows up to date. Example of Choppy or Flickering Video

sallen1, Mar 2, 2016
  3. W10 slow Video

Are you using any apps for FB and YT or accessing them via a browser? If the latter, have you tried a different browser?

RobertJWin, Mar 2, 2016
  4. Hydranix Win User

Which browser are you using? Ensure flash is up to date if using a browser that doesn't handle this for you.

Hydranix, Mar 2, 2016
  5. snadge Win User
    Hi it was firefox and flash was up to date and even when i removed it to rely on HTML5 it still did it - however i have since clean installed it and all is ok EXCEPT on major important factor...I use DAWs and VST's and my GTR Stomp Box 3 plugin wont work on it and i need it desperatley to addd effects to my guitar in real time (well 0.014 seconds)

gutted gutteed gutted

also the default app option has stopped working and you have to do it the old fashion way by right clicking on the file and "open with" - so windows 10 is probably the best looking but WORST to public release yet....they should stick to 5 years and research it heavily as the BETA testing group is probably small and the real problems only come out when it hits the masses this is why ive waited 9 months hoping they have ironed them out,,,, doesnt look like it

snadge, Mar 2, 2016
  6. snadge Win User
    .....continued....seems the video flickering issue is back and i THINK its firefox only as chrome is fine..no flash installed on firefox (does same with it installed) - going to try chrome but i need that plugin to work for my guitar

snadge, Mar 3, 2016
  7. snadge Win User
    ..well its plagued with issues - setting default apps has to be done the good old fashioned windows 7 way (set default apps or in properties of a movie/music file) as the option in settings wont change to anything for anything...only option that works is LOOK ON STORE

i get the feeling Windows 10 is probably doing this to force users to use APPS instead of PROGRAMS

snadge, Mar 3, 2016
  8. Sandbird Win User

Old thread but maybe some people will still land here...Go into your Mozilla options->Advanced->General Tab
    and disable Hardware Acceleration. Restart browser and try again.

Sandbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Flickering video during playback on YT and FB - Similar Threads - Flickering video during

2. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  3. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering or flashing during video: Hi thereMy windows version is windows 10 home21H2I do all the windows update and stop the transparent effect.However, I play a video or doing a meeting with my colleagues. My laptop keep flashing and turn transparentwhen there is more than one window.I tried re-install my...
  4. Screen flickering or flashing during video

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PC completely freezes during video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC completely freezes during video playback: Any time I watch back one of the videos on any of my hard drives the video randomly stops and my PC just freezes up after about 2 mins of watching. sometimes i can close the media player and move the mouse around but nothing will work. Also sometimes i can hit Ctrl Alt Del...
  6. Computer Locks Up During Video Playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Locks Up During Video Playback: I have a brand new Asus flipbook running Windows 10 that crashes during any kind of video playback (streaming or downloaded). I’m able to watch video for about five minutes before video and sound freezes, resulting in a loud digital buzzing noise, and can no longer operate...
  7. Video Playback

Video Playback: When I go to Netflix, amazon video, u-tube etc. and play a video it goes to max size and I can see only about an eighth of it. Until I hit play, all is normal. I have looked at all settings and can find nothing. HELP!...
  8. Video playback

Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  9. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  10. Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser my computer completely freezes. I cant move the mouse pres Ctrl, Alt Del. nothign works i have to hard reboot my PC. 1st i...