Windows 10: Flickery grey screen

Discus and support Flickery grey screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So it happens that i updated a game yesterday and launched the game right after, but as soon as i've hit the battle loading screen, my laptop started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HaythemCh, Mar 21, 2023.

1. HaythemCh Win User

Flickery grey screen

So it happens that i updated a game yesterday and launched the game right after, but as soon as i've hit the battle loading screen, my laptop started having a flickery grey screen every few seconds, the game was working fine on my second monitor and everything seemed fine in there but my laptop's screen, tried to uninstall and install drives yet nothing worked, tried it on safe mode as well but nothing changed, yet when i uninstall a driver it doesn't ask me to reboot the laptop right after, i have to do it manually, i even uninstalled the game yet nothing changed, power cycle didn't seem to d

:)

HaythemCh, Mar 21, 2023
  2. HaythemCh Win User

Flickery grey screen

So it happens that i updated a game yesterday and launched the game right after, but as soon as i've hit the battle loading screen, my laptop started having a flickery grey screen every few seconds, the game was working fine on my second monitor and everything seemed fine in there but my laptop's screen, tried to uninstall and install drives yet nothing worked, tried it on safe mode as well but nothing changed, yet when i uninstall a driver it doesn't ask me to reboot the laptop right after, i have to do it manually, i even uninstalled the game yet nothing changed, power cycle didn't seem to do the trick as well..

Is there a way to fix this? Noting that im currently using my second monitor which got everything working fine on display, Thank you in advance.

HaythemCh, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 21, 2023
  4. dir_d Win User

Flickery grey screen

HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Flickery grey screen

1. Flickery grey screen - Similar Threads - Flickery grey screen

2. Flickery grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickery grey screen: So it happens that i updated a game yesterday and launched the game right after, but as soon as i've hit the battle loading screen, my laptop started having a flickery grey screen every few seconds, the game was working fine on my second monitor and everything seemed fine in...
  3. Flickery grey screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickery grey screen: So it happens that i updated a game yesterday and launched the game right after, but as soon as i've hit the battle loading screen, my laptop started having a flickery grey screen every few seconds, the game was working fine on my second monitor and everything seemed fine in...
  4. Grey Screen

Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  5. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Screen: So the problem is one day I was opening my computer and the windows screen looks like this. If I click the windows button or start menu this comes up. I currently have Windows 10 running. I hope someone can help me because I only found out how to pin apps but I want my other...
  6. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen: I just reset my pc and when I power up after it loads my screen is just gray. I can see my cursor but nothing else. I have an Alienware aurora r8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen/6b955bcd-a7ea-4968-b21f-90a771f36374
  8. Grey screen

Grey screen: Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows...
  9. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey screen: I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10. I downloaded Microsoft 365 office and since then I have no colors on my screen just grey. I have gone to settings and changed colors but nothing changes. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Laura...
  10. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...