Windows 10: Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off

Discus and support Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Acer VN7-592G in which I recently installed an M.2 SSD and a fresh install of Windows on it. Everything works fine on the computer except the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shumayal, Nov 7, 2019.

1. shumayal Win User

Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off

I have Acer VN7-592G in which I recently installed an M.2 SSD and a fresh install of Windows on it. Everything works fine on the computer except the flight mode toggle. It cannot be toggled. I try to access it from the bottom right but nothing happens when I click it.

When I go to it by searching in the start menu. It is greyed out for some reason.

What I have tried:

• When I try to use the Fn shortcut of Fn + F3, nothing happens.
    • I checked the registry and RadioEnable is at value '1'.
    • Restarted several times and there is no difference.
    • Also, none of the network adapters in the Device Manager have a yellow warning. All the adapters are up to date as well.

This feature works fine on the original mechanical hard drive on my computer which has a separate Windows 10 installed on it. Why is this problem here only with the SSD? Even the keyboard shortcut works with the mechanical hard drive.

WINDOWS 10 version 1903 Build 18362.418

• Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off 931ad829-63a5-4666-b1d1-b6f9eeb33b0a?upload=true.png

:)

shumayal, Nov 7, 2019
  2. gjs1949 Win User

Flight mode toggle

Thanks for the response, but that only works on my laptop, which has a dedicated key to toggle flight mode anyway.

The action suggested does not work on my desktop as the flight mode tile does not appear.

FWIW I am not using the Ethernet port on my desktop system to connect to my router, I'm using a WiFi card, hence the requirement for the toggle on my desktop system.

I have tried disabling the Ethernet but it doesn't make any difference, the flight mode tile does not appear.

gjs1949, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Winows 10 flight mode toggle switch will not lock in off position

computer hp pavilion dv4 model 1100ea.

on the desktop the flight mode button shows it is live.

Having loaded 10 after original vista the flight mode toggle switch will not turn off and lock-when switching the switch moves but will not lock in the off position also when clicking on the icon on the desktop the flight mode icon shows the flight mode
    is switched on

Managed to get internet connected by shutting down, removing and refitting the battery and restarting but still the flight mode toggle switch and desktop item still show flight mode is switched on.

whiteknight34, Nov 7, 2019
  4. gjs1949 Win User

Flight mode toggle

I have a home built desktop system running Windows 10 and I want to assign one of the spare My Favourites keys (Microsoft Keyboard KC-0405) as a toggle switch for flight mode.

(Let's just say I'm lazy and I want to be able to change the setting easily without having to use the mouse to open the status bar, click on the network icon and then select connect or disconnect as the case may be)

gjs1949, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Flight mode is grayed out: Cannot be toggled on or off - Similar Threads - Flight mode grayed

2. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?: For the last couple days I've researched and tried a bunch of methods in fixing this issue.Like updates, changing settings, among other things...Afraid my laptop may be compromised to hackers due to me fiddling around with fire wall settings, as I tried to get some silly game...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?: For the last couple days I've researched and tried a bunch of methods in fixing this issue.Like updates, changing settings, among other things...Afraid my laptop may be compromised to hackers due to me fiddling around with fire wall settings, as I tried to get some silly game...
  4. Aeroplane mode stuck after update will not toggle off and greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aeroplane mode stuck after update will not toggle off and greyed out: HiMy windows 10 has just updated and come up with an aeroplane mode icon which is greyed it so can’t be taken out of that mode. I have gone into network adapters and disabled them enabled all the adapters . So WiFi will not connect and aeroplane mode toggle is greyed out so...
  5. Flight Mode will not switch off

Flight Mode will not switch off: Hi, Power up laptop today wanting to sue it wirelessly But Flight Mode is on. I have not selected it but It will not switch off. Laptop is a Dell E6440. Win 10 has all updates as far as I am aware. Any ideas....
  6. airplane mode on and grayed out

airplane mode on and grayed out: airport mode on and grayed out. cannot access wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-on-and-grayed-out/c6606e1d-8b05-4d3d-afd1-edccea90379d
  7. `Flight Mode will not turn off`

`Flight Mode will not turn off`: Has a solution to the "Flight Mode will not turn off" problem or do I scrap my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-will-not-turn-off/ca58e285-3b8f-40cd-bfb0-0c25e2b58145
  8. Airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Airplane mode is grayed out: Just bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and it is stuck in Airplane Mode. The problem is that it is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off. Consequently no wifi. Help! Thanks...
  9. Toggle off the full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toggle off the full screen mode: I need a feature to toggle off the full screen mode because games take up almost all my screen. I can’t find Advanced Graphics options anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-off-the-full-screen-mode/7c6e7c44-656c-4e28-a5e0-b0a2d324df3d
  10. WD real time protection toggle is set to off and grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WD real time protection toggle is set to off and grayed out: Ok, I have tried everything. The enable real time protection toggle is set to off and grayed out. I've added the registry DWORD, I've done pretty much everything with policies and still will not turn on. This started today. I have been using MBAM for 4 months with no problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 ver 1903 flight mode grayed out

2. greyed out flight mode unable to turn off

3. flight mode icon greyed out

4. flight mode greyed out and wifi off,
  5. flight mode greyed out