Windows 10: flight mode on(i can't turn on wi fi) broken switch flight mode

Discus and support flight mode on(i can't turn on wi fi) broken switch flight mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In my Dell e7440 is broken the physical airplane mode switch . Turns on and off when it wanna . I disable it in the device manager -> user interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patryk Dluski (1171781), Dec 17, 2018.

1. flight mode on(i can't turn on wi fi) broken switch flight mode

In my Dell e7440 is broken the physical airplane mode switch . Turns on and off when it wanna . I disable it in the device manager -> user interface -> airplan mode swicht collection. When it deactivates this switch when the airplane mode is off (wi fi on), everything is ok and there is no problem with on / off airplane mode. However, during the computer restart I can not turn on the wi fi (the wi fi icon shows off). The switch is deactivated. I think that I need to change the computer settings during startup to automatically turn on wi fi from the software level without being connected to the hardware switch. However, I have no idea how to do it

:)

Patryk Dluski (1171781), Dec 17, 2018

2. Icon wi-fi and flight mode switched, how to solve this?

Hi, guys
    i have a little problem about wi-fi icon and flight mode icon.
    i am using windows 10 for a year, but last time, suddenly my wi-fi icon turned to flight mode.
    so when my flight mode is off, the wi-fi icon is "plane". but when my flight mode is on the icon is "wi-fi".
    its also when i turn on/off flight mode using keyboard fn+flight mode its notification is swapped. when flight mode is off, the notification is "flight mode is on". i don't have any idea where was the problem, i tried to rebuild icon cache but doesn't make any change. help me please..?

krisphiwkp, Dec 17, 2018
  3. tao980 Win User
    N80 flight mode

Flight mode has nothing to do with Wi-Fi. Even 6680 had an offline mode. And Motorola V3i (which is not even a smartphone) has a flight mode. Flight mode means the part of the phone which is responsible for network connections (either GSM, EDGE, GPRS,
    and/or 3G) is turned off and only some functions of the phone are available to the user (e.g., games, mp3 player, organizer functions). If the phone has Wi-Fi module, such as the N80, it can also be used in flight (offline) mode.

tao980, Dec 17, 2018
  4. flight mode on(i can't turn on wi fi) broken switch flight mode

i can't turn on wifi in flight mode

I have the same problem and also on lumia 620. I was used to turn on flight mode and enable wi-fi to connect to my wi-fi at home in the evenings. I changed channel on my router from 11 to 13 yesterday and couldn't connect to my wi-fi when in flight mode
    with enabled wi-fi. I did some tests and when channel is set to <= 11,everything works fine. When not in flight mode, I can connect to network at any channel.

PavelStrnad, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

flight mode on(i can't turn on wi fi) broken switch flight mode

1. flight mode on(i can't turn on wi fi) broken switch flight mode - Similar Threads - flight mode can't

2. stuck in flight mode, no Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stuck in flight mode, no Wi-Fi: Fed up doing basics try this Windows 10 and acer aspire laptop My problems was Stuck in flight mode .no Wi-Fi out of date drivers?? So...
  3. Flight mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flight mode: Hello, I cannot turn Flight mode off, switch does not work, I think it has bee permanently disabled some how, either a setting or physically, any ideas? I cannot turn WIFI on as it is in flight mode. Thanks...
  4. Flight Mode will not switch off

Flight Mode will not switch off: Hi, Power up laptop today wanting to sue it wirelessly But Flight Mode is on. I have not selected it but It will not switch off. Laptop is a Dell E6440. Win 10 has all updates as far as I am aware. Any ideas....
  5. Flight Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flight Mode Bug: I've been having issues with the flight mode setting being stuck on my Alienware laptop, I saw how to fix it, I go into the airplane mode switch collection setting, located in the device manager and disable it, which restarts my computer. It works and I can connect to Wi-Fi...
  6. `Flight Mode will not turn off`

`Flight Mode will not turn off`: Has a solution to the "Flight Mode will not turn off" problem or do I scrap my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-will-not-turn-off/ca58e285-3b8f-40cd-bfb0-0c25e2b58145
  7. flight mode won't turn off

flight mode won't turn off: I accidentally hit the airplane icon and now flight mode will not shut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-wont-turn-off/c5ec7086-a490-4df3-adbd-0af30daffa31
  8. stuck on flight mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stuck on flight mode: Hi hoping there help out there. I am running windows 10 on my sony vaio laptop and cannot get internet, due to being grey boxed out on my flight mode in my setting. I have tried a few different suggestion's and know have been successful. Even used another laptop and download...
  9. flight mode unable to turn off

flight mode unable to turn off: In windows10 64 bit, computer toggle on f2 functions correctly, but in control, settings, will always revert to flight mode with no way of overriding this, machine asus sonic master purchased Dec 2017. Any ideas?...
  10. Icon wi-fi and flight mode switched, how to solve this?

Icon wi-fi and flight mode switched, how to solve this?: Hi, guys i have a little problem about wi-fi icon and flight mode icon. i am using windows 10 for a year, but last time, suddenly my wi-fi icon turned to flight mode. so when my flight mode is off, the wi-fi icon is "plane". but when my flight mode is on the icon is...