Windows 10: FLIGHT SIM 2020 DVD INSTALL PROBLEM

Discus and support FLIGHT SIM 2020 DVD INSTALL PROBLEM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to help my Dad install MSFS 2020 from the DVD that was bought as a present for him. We get through the 1st disc then on the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C Mc Cann, Feb 14, 2021.

1. C Mc Cann Win User

FLIGHT SIM 2020 DVD INSTALL PROBLEM

Hi,

I am trying to help my Dad install MSFS 2020 from the DVD that was bought as a present for him.

We get through the 1st disc then on the second disc it comes up with the message.....

"The drive can not find the sector requested".

Then the install just stops and cancels.

Any solutions??

He is so annoyed and disheartened by the ammount of hassle there is associated with the MSFS install compared to Xplane11. He would rather just give up and get a refund.

Is there anyway the activation code can be used through the store to download the digital version instead of the discs.

Thanks for your help

:)

C Mc Cann, Feb 14, 2021

2. Flight sim 2020

Do we need an Steam account to install flight sim 2020?

RogerKennedy3, Feb 14, 2021
  3. rickrick8 Win User
    flight sim 2020

I have a logitech button box and when I go into flight sim 2020 it don't show up with other controllers or anywhere in the sim.

rickrick8, Feb 14, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Flight sim 2020

Hi Roger

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

No you do not need a Steam account, you can purchase, download and install Flight Sim 2020 from the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft Account . . .

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. FLIGHT SIM 2020 DVD INSTALL PROBLEM - Similar Threads - FLIGHT SIM 2020

2. Download problem with MS Flight Sim. 2020 DVD version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download problem with MS Flight Sim. 2020 DVD version: Hi. My name is Sheila Francis and I am having trouble getting my new MS Flight Sim 2020 DVD version down loaded. Currently it will not go past disc 3 where it reports a data error cyclic redundancy check. My PC is new with 500GB SSD and 1TB HD. I had the same problem when...
  3. Download problem with MS Flight Sim. 2020 DVD version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download problem with MS Flight Sim. 2020 DVD version: Hi. My name is Sheila Francis and I am having trouble getting my new MS Flight Sim 2020 DVD version down loaded. Currently it will not go past disc 3 where it reports a data error cyclic redundancy check. My PC is new with 500GB SSD and 1TB HD. I had the same problem when...
  4. Flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight Sim 2020: So I purchased flight sim 2020 premier edition and had it loaded onto the C drive of a brand new computer. After it finished loading, the program worked great. I did notice after a bit that the program took up all my C drive storage. I also learned that my new computer has...
  5. Flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim 2020: Flight sim just updated and now it refuses to start. Gets to the splash screen, starts to load and then crashes to desktop event manager lists the following. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 17/02/2021 09:46:01 Event ID:...
  6. flight sim 2020 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight sim 2020 installation: Hello, I have a 2T HDD with Windows 10 on it. I have an SSD with DCS World and 300 G free. I'm getting screwed up in my thinking..nothing new I understand that the 2 Gigs of app goes on the same drive as windows and the rest can go on another drive, right? Is it...
  7. Latest update will not install for DVD version of Flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update will not install for DVD version of Flight Sim 2020: Hi, I live in the UK and have the DVD version of MSFlight Sim 2020. It has worked perfectly until tonight when I got the message stating there is a mandatory update. When the screen changes to install the update, I get a message, at the top left of the flight sim page....
  8. Flight sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight sim 2020: After downloading, msfs 2020 i went to log into xbox live with phone number. It brought up my ex wifes email and account. I want to log in with my email address but the xbox live screen is locked with my number and her old email. How can I completely uninstall including...
  9. Flight Sim 2020 Standard DVD installation problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flight Sim 2020 Standard DVD installation problem: I have started the install from the 10 disk set but only get part way through disk 1 and receive the following Feature: Default Feature Component: Default File: E:\data2.cab Error: A device which does not exist was specified...
  10. Flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim 2020: After install, the program will not recognize my KB Simulator Joystick. Any one know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-2020/5ab7d597-4c68-4a9e-a39a-7726a10824d3