Windows 10: Flight Sim initial program CTD just after splash screens.

Discus and support Flight Sim initial program CTD just after splash screens. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've installed the initial program - the one that's meant to install the main one - but it displays the intial splash screens, begins music and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jabblewock, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Flight Sim initial program CTD just after splash screens.

Hi, I've installed the initial program - the one that's meant to install the main one - but it displays the intial splash screens, begins music and shows an image of the Arc de Triomphe for a few seconds, then simply quits to desktop.The error log has this:================================Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bfException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007286eFaulting process id: 0x14d8Faulting application start time: 0x01d73d69dc677a0aFaul

:)

Jabblewock, Apr 29, 2021
  2. EdKelley2 Win User

0xc0000005 exception code with CTD while starting MS Flight sim failing module d3d11.dll

getting consistent CTD attempting to start MS Flight SIM 2020.

Contacted Zendisk about the issue and they recommended posting the issue here.

EdKelley2, Apr 29, 2021
  3. EdKelley2 Win User
    0xc0000005 exception code with CTD while starting MS Flight sim failing module d3d11.dll

Hello Caio,

Thank you for your quick response.

I viewed your video - which prompts this question.

How do you get to the options menu you reference to make changes to the settings ?

Here's what "always" happens when I try to start MS Flight Sim 2020:

I get to the point where the "progress bar" at the bottom of the screen gets about halfway and then

I get the CTD. Same entry for the app in the event viewer - error code and failing module.

Thanks in advance for any further advice !

Ed

EdKelley2, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Flight Sim initial program CTD just after splash screens.

CANNOT LAUNCH FLIGHT SIM X

Hi Dewald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Flight Sim X is not running after the first startup closed. We will help you.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    and check if the same issue persists.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    • Restart the System and check opening the application again.
    If the above steps do not work, then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the game. They would assist you better with the issue.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Flight Sim initial program CTD just after splash screens.

1. Flight Sim initial program CTD just after splash screens. - Similar Threads - Flight Sim initial

2. Flight sim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight sim: Windows 11App heeft gewerkt. Maar nu ineens niet meer/?Mijn microsoft flightsimulator wil niet meer starten. Ik ben ingelogd met het juiste account! dit is de foutmelding die ik krijg, graag een oplossing > Microsoft Flight Simulator is momenteel niet beschikbaar in uw...
  3. Flight sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight sim: Windows 11App heeft gewerkt. Maar nu ineens niet meer/?Mijn microsoft flightsimulator wil niet meer starten. Ik ben ingelogd met het juiste account! dit is de foutmelding die ik krijg, graag een oplossing > Microsoft Flight Simulator is momenteel niet beschikbaar in uw...
  4. Microsoft Flight Sim CTD error 5 minutes into flight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Sim CTD error 5 minutes into flight: Hello,I keep having a CTD error in Microsoft Flight Sim 2020. The CTD happens about 5 minutes into the flight without any error message. I have updated all drivers and verified the integrity of my game files. Below is the error from the event log.Faulting application name:...
  5. Microsoft Flight Sim CTD error 5 minutes into flight

Microsoft Flight Sim CTD error 5 minutes into flight: Hello,I keep having a CTD error in Microsoft Flight Sim 2020. The CTD happens about 5 minutes into the flight without any error message. I have updated all drivers and verified the integrity of my game files. Below is the error from the event log.Faulting application name:...
  6. Flight Sim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim: HelloI just bought the Flight Sim manual 27,99 euro and after payment downloading was started but after that I could not find it. Is it somewhere in the cloud or in the FSM program itself?Kind RegardsJean-Marc...
  7. Flight Sim

Flight Sim: HelloI just bought the Flight Sim manual 27,99 euro and after payment downloading was started but after that I could not find it. Is it somewhere in the cloud or in the FSM program itself?Kind RegardsJean-Marc...
  8. Flight sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight sim 2020: After downloading, msfs 2020 i went to log into xbox live with phone number. It brought up my ex wifes email and account. I want to log in with my email address but the xbox live screen is locked with my number and her old email. How can I completely uninstall including...
  9. Flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim 2020: After install, the program will not recognize my KB Simulator Joystick. Any one know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-sim-2020/5ab7d597-4c68-4a9e-a39a-7726a10824d3
  10. MS Flight Sim Deluxe and MS Flight Sim Acceleration Expansion Pack Missing from programs on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Flight Sim Deluxe and MS Flight Sim Acceleration Expansion Pack Missing from programs on...: Both my MS Flight Sim Deluxe and MS Flight Sim Acceleration Expansion Pack are missing from programs page and desktop on my Windows 10 desktop computer. Even the blue shortcut icon has disappeared. Not sure how long ago this happened or why. Expansion, third party software...