Windows 10: Flight Simulator 2020 - Insert Game Disk error

Discus and support Flight Simulator 2020 - Insert Game Disk error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a long time subscriber of Xbox Game Pass, I had downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 about a month ago and it used to work just fine for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StayFrost04, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Flight Simulator 2020 - Insert Game Disk error

Hi, I'm a long time subscriber of Xbox Game Pass, I had downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 about a month ago and it used to work just fine for me however ever since I upgraded my Game Pass subscription to Game Pass Ultimate, I've been unable to play Flight Sim 2020. The game asks me to insert a Game Disk which is obviously not possible. I had uninstall Flight Simulator 2020 from my PC and redownloaded it. It downloaded about 1GB of the installer and with that it also downloaded the Digital Ownership pass or something like that, however I still can't download the rest of the game as its still stuck on "Insert Game Disk" error despite me uninstalling the game twice.

Any suggestions on how to solve it?

:)

StayFrost04, Oct 22, 2020

2. Flight simulator please insert disc???

Our friends at Xbox always have something to share Here is the known issue and the workaround:

Known Issues for Game Launches (October 2020)

Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Known Issue: Some users seeing a "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator disc" error when launching the game on Windows 10.
    • Workaround: In order to play the game digitally on Windows 10, you will need to have the Digital Ownership
      File
      installed as it is required to grant the necessary permissions to play. If you already have this file installed and are running in to this error, please uninstall and reinstall this file only and this should resolve the issue. There is no need to
      uninstall the entire 127+GB base game files. Uninstalling this small 10MB file is all that will be needed.

Sumit - Insider MVP, Oct 22, 2020
  3. flight Simulator 2020 download

how do I download flight simulator 2020 on my second computer listed with Microsoft using product key. Thanks

John Messier, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 - Insert Game Disk error

Flight simulator 2020 controller compatibilty

Hi there

Is the a compatibility list for flight sticks for flight simulator 2020.

Or can u tell me if my speed link phantom hawk is compatible. I plug it in and game doesn't recognise it. So I configure the buttons but then its like a on and off switch for everything rather than being all smooth. It's full left or full right and full
    yolk.

phillipbrunsdon1, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Flight Simulator 2020 - Insert Game Disk error

1. Flight Simulator 2020 - Insert Game Disk error - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator 2020

2. Reinstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on a disk: Hi, I got the simulator around 2 years ago and it has run smoothly until now, my computer kept crashing so I had to reset the entire thing. With me resetting meant I uninstalled MSFS2020 at the same time. I use disks to download the game, then I enter code in the Microsoft...
  3. Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc: This is a download and I have had it for quite a awhile. Now, all of a sudden it is asking me to insert a disc, which is absurd since it is a download. What gives?...
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc

Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc: This is a download and I have had it for quite a awhile. Now, all of a sudden it is asking me to insert a disc, which is absurd since it is a download. What gives?...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Insert Disc Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Insert Disc Error: Hello,I've bought the MS Store Flight Simulator 2020 Edition a few days ago and I get the prompt that I have to insert a disk to be able to play.I did find older posts about the issue but nothing recent so I tried the following:Redownloaded and reinstalled it several...
  6. Flight Simulator 2020 Please insert game disc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 Please insert game disc.: Game is asking for disc to be installed at startup even though it is digital edition. Have tried to delete digital ownership folder as suggested in other threads but I cannot as this folder is owned by SYSTEM and I cannot change ownership. Thankyou MS. Any suggestions...
  7. I had to reinstall flight simulator 2020, but now it's asking to insert flight simulator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to reinstall flight simulator 2020, but now it's asking to insert flight simulator...: I had to reinstall flight simulator game and now its asking to insert flight simulator game disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-flight-simulator-2020-but-now/d019699c-26f7-44e4-9b01-acd3fc3642c7
  8. Flight Simulator 2020 "Please insert disc" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 "Please insert disc" error: Hey I have the Premium Deluxe edition of the game in my store not gamepass it worked good for month and half for the release but somehow it broked and it asking for disc now. Sometimes I can fix it by uninstalling and installing again the game but it now always work and if so...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020: I just downloaded flight sim 2020 on my Surface and realized I do not have enough internal storage. I plugged in a flash drive but it does not appear in the drop-down menu for download destinations. Can flight sim be installed on external storage...
  10. Flight Simulator 2020

Flight Simulator 2020: I would like to know if Microsoft would accept a possible software addition to the Flight Simulator. Specifically the software would be designed to have a selected aircraft automatically moved to the active runway and then hold short of the runway.The program could be...