Windows 10: Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Version European - disc issue

Discus and support Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Version European - disc issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have purchased and installed the disc version of FS2020, including installing the updates. I followed the instructions in the manual,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarkFleming5, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Version European - disc issue

Hi,

I have purchased and installed the disc version of FS2020, including installing the updates.

I followed the instructions in the manual, including redeeming the activation code which came in the box.

The problem i have got is that unless I leave a disc in the PC, the sim wont get past the start screen with the message saying "Insert disc".

I can put the disc in and play it but I dont like leaving a disc in the pc all the time spinning around as it can wear down discs.

My question is:

Since I purchased this Physical disc version, is it supposed to force me to keep a disc in the PC or am i missing something?

I would have thought that once its installed and I used the activation code that i wouldn't of needed a disc in there.

Any help appreciated

:)

MarkFleming5, Aug 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 20, 2020
  3. AZretired Win User
    Flight Simulator 2020

When will Flight Simulator 2020 be available?

AZretired, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Version European - disc issue

flight simulator 2020

what is address of download site for flight simulator 2020 windows 10 edition

HarryEspey, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Version European - disc issue

1. Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Version European - disc issue - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator 2020

2. Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc: This is a download and I have had it for quite a awhile. Now, all of a sudden it is asking me to insert a disc, which is absurd since it is a download. What gives?...
  3. Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 asking to insert a disc: This is a download and I have had it for quite a awhile. Now, all of a sudden it is asking me to insert a disc, which is absurd since it is a download. What gives?...
  4. Flight Simulator 2020 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 issue: So I play Flight Sim daily. Today, when I attempted to launch the program by clicking on the desktop icon, I am taken to the Microsoft Store where an app titles "Gaming Services" appears. I presumed I needed to install this app or something, but doing so did not correct the...
  5. Can I update Microsoft flight simulator 2020 physical version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I update Microsoft flight simulator 2020 physical version: I am from Europe and I want to buy physical version of Microsoft floght simulator 2020 Will I be able to update it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/a20ce522-ca53-4102-9d85-65a2eb5d2c2b
  6. Activation of physical flight simulation 2020 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of physical flight simulation 2020 edition: I installed the dvd edition of flight simulator 2020. I was asked to write the activation code thinking that this fine. Unfortunately the code went to another account. So I don't know what to do. I have paid 129 euro for this product. After I gave the activation code...
  7. Flight Simulator 2020 physical copy activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 physical copy activation.: Prior to installing from DVDs I have activated the game on Microsoft Store. However after installing the game despite telling me to log in to my Microsoft account before still asks for activation key and tells me it's already activated. What can I do about it?...
  8. Physical disk for Flight Simulator 2020 in America?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical disk for Flight Simulator 2020 in America?: Split from this thread. Topic matches request - no a continuation of the 1st question. I want to by a copy of the physical DVD's - Premium Deluxe. Can't find them anywhere in the US. Are they / will they be available for order?...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020 Disc version multiple computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 Disc version multiple computers: When buying the disc version of the new Flight Simulator 2020, will I be able to download it on multiple computers? And if I am on how many can I download it?...
  10. Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator 2020 - Physical Edition: A question about the physical edition of FS2020. After the installation, do I still need to have one of the DVDs in the drive to start the game? The question seems silly, but I do not own a DVD reader, but I have a friend who may lend it for some time...