Windows 10: Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager

Discus and support Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'll be as specific as possible here: I just bought a brand new Alienware Aurora R11 primarily to run the Flight Simulator. I have it installed on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DustinSeibert, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager

I'll be as specific as possible here: I just bought a brand new Alienware Aurora R11 primarily to run the Flight Simulator. I have it installed on my MSI Raider laptop but I wanted it to run 4K from my TV without heat throttling.

It is now stuck on the Content Manager at the very beginning. It keeps flashing between "Please Wait" and "Downloading asobo-aircraft-b787-10-0.1.35.fspackage" I have uninstalled and reinstalled, manually deleted all the downloaded files from "steamapp," rebooted, installed updated drivers, etc.

Hitting the "pause" button doesn't work. Same spinning circle. I have to kill the app via the Task Manager

The machine is hardwired to a strong Ethernet connection. I bought and downloaded the game on my laptop the night it came out with no problems whatsoever...it runs on it just fine.

It was recommended that I delete the AppData/Roaming folder after uninstalling, then rebooting and reinstalling. Same problem. And that folder goes right back to where I found it. \

I bought an entirely new machine for this sim and I have never seen a problem like this in my years on Steam. Please help.

:)

DustinSeibert, Aug 24, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager stuck in download of asobo-aircraft-b787

The installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has got to be the worst ever! Did anyone at Microsoft actually put some thought or test this out before release!??

Its just completely flaky! Crashes, freezes, gets stuck in unending downloads that keep resetting back to restart again...

Got to the opening screen with the aircraft, and then the Content Manager asking for a folder, and started downloading with the heading"

"TO COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR WILL NOW DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL RECOMMENDED CONTENT".

Then there is a down-load progress bar displayed with a total to the right showing 95.15GiB...downloads start, and then it gets stuck in a repeating restart ....when

"Downloading asobo-aircraft-b787-10-0.35.fspackage..."

Gets to download varying amounts of this - from a few percent (as in 1% to 3%, or at times gets to around 27%) and then resets back to 0% and repeats....been doing that for an hour now and the overall download progress is pretty much at zero!

Given all the pre-user testing etc that went into the actual application itself its really a shame as much thought didnt go into the actual installation testing of the product release!

Frustrating as anything - any ideas on what the heck is going on would be appreciated.

***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10***

JawaharBhalla, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager

1. Flight Simulator completely stuck in Content Manager - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator completely

2. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator: I can't download Microsoft Flight Simulator I just purchased https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator/0cf604f2-97f0-448a-9bfe-bae47e76a43b
  3. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator: Hello, Tears ago I bought flight simulator 2004. It worked fine on windows 7 but not on windows 10l. I decided to buy a new laptop with windows 10 and try it out. Like I said before, it did not work and maybe i wore it out. I started to look for something like 2004 and come...
  4. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 : no Content Manager after reinstall, 'press any key'...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 : no Content Manager after reinstall, 'press any key'...: Bought the game on Steam, installed it overnight played it, loved it, but very slow loading screens as installed on HDD. Bought new SSD, tried to move install folder through Steam, didn't work, wouldn't start. Uninstalled, reinstalled, first install OK, get to 'press any...
  5. CONTENT MANAGER DE MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR NO DESCARGA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONTENT MANAGER DE MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR NO DESCARGA: BUEN DÍA A TODOS. LLEVO DESDE EL DÍA DEL LANZAMIENTO, INTENTANDO UTILIZAR LA APLICACIÓN, TRAS INSTALARLA, EL ADMINISTRADOR DE DISPOSITIVO ME PIDE INSTALAR POCO MAS DE 90 GB DE CONTENIDO, SIN EMBARGO HE REALIZADO EL PROCESO TRES VECES Y TRAS DESCARGAR PARTE DEL CONTENIDO, EL...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager stuck in download of asobo-aircraft-b787

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager stuck in download of asobo-aircraft-b787: I bought Flight Sim on Steam, downloaded and when I try to play the game, it takes me to the initial Content Manager Update screen, I click update, and then it flickers between "Please wait..." and "asobo-aircraft-b787-10-0.1.35.fspackage", never making any actual download...
  7. Flight Simulator 2020 Content-Manager won't show

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Flight Simulator 2020 Content-Manager won't show: I bought MSFS 2020 Premium. I can install the 1 GB on my SSD. I have a new powerful desktop system, latest windows 2004, updated everything. I get to to screen where it tells me to hit any key. [ATTACH] After pressing a key, I get this: [ATTACH] I installed FS on...
  8. Stuck on update of Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on update of Flight Simulator: Downloading Flight Simulator Update. Windows 10 PC. Deluxe version of app. Never played and just downloaded yesterday. App is on very large external hard drive with remaining space. First time opening app asked to update the app. Stuck now on "84% Downloading...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager stuck in download of asobo-aircraft-b787

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Content Manager stuck in download of asobo-aircraft-b787: The installation of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has got to be the worst ever! Did anyone at Microsoft actually put some thought or test this out before release!?? Its just completely flaky! Crashes, freezes, gets stuck in unending downloads that keep resetting back to...
  10. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator: Since the original FS program is still very popular, If anyone at Microsoft is listening, please issue an updated version of the venerable program that is fully compatible with windows 10 and has contemporary quality graphics. I know there is a steam version, but I am talking...