Windows 10: Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them.

Discus and support Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am now on the 3rd day attempting to install MS Flight Simulator. I have solved numerous issues on my own, but the latest one I have not been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by factory400, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them.

I am now on the 3rd day attempting to install MS Flight Simulator. I have solved numerous issues on my own, but the latest one I have not been able to solve. Currently stuck in the Installation Manager trying to decompress a package. It has been on this for 17-18 hours. I restarted the system, have plenty of space on the HDD, tons of RAM....yet this is going nowhere. The disk is reported to be 100% active, yet zero data in or out. All of the problems I have had so far do not create an exception with an error message - the system just stops and I am left wondering what is happening. 3 days to i

:)

factory400, Apr 27, 2021

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them.

Failure during Flight Simulator installation

Hello,

i bought Standard DVD edition of latest Microsoft Flight Simulator and during installation of 2nd DVD I get this error massage:

Failure transfer Error

Feature: DefaultFeature

File: E:/data3.cab

Error: Data error (Cyclic redundancy check)

Then installation crashes.

Any advice what to do?

Thank you all.

Adam Tomaskovic

AdamTomaskovic, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them.

1. Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them. - Similar Threads - Flight Simulator installation

2. Cant install flight simulator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install flight simulator: FS cant be installed, it looks like it was stuck for an hour now, how to push the installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-flight-simulator/1b8a609f-c4ed-4eee-bdcc-31946afa21c1
  3. Flight Simulator Installation Problem

Flight Simulator Installation Problem: I purchased Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe from the Microsoft Store. I'm running a clean installation of the latest version of Windows 21H1 OS Build 19043.1165 from a removable SSD on a Mac which meets the system requirements of Flight Simulator. The Flight Simulator...
  4. Failure to fully download Microsoft Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to fully download Microsoft Flight Simulator: 13 days ago, I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator. We began to install it and the download got to 1.33GB and said it was finished which I later found out to be normal as the main download happened in-game. However, when the application was run it would get to a plain picture...
  5. Flight simulator cannot be installed

Flight simulator cannot be installed: Ok so my frustration level is so high that this forum is my last resort. First, let me explain to you my current situation. I own the Xbox game pass for pc and installed flight simulator 2020 a while ago. The game worked fine but had a few issues, so I decided to reinstall it...
  6. flight simulator installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator installation: I cannot install MSFS2020 on my computer. I purchased the Premium Deluxe version, but when I click on install/play, nothing happens. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-installation/e9a1f56c-4c61-4b15-9ee3-4103c5e9f937
  7. Failure during Flight Simulator installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failure during Flight Simulator installation: Hello, i bought Standard DVD edition of latest Microsoft Flight Simulator and during installation of 2nd DVD I get this error massage: Failure transfer Error Feature: DefaultFeature File: E:/data3.cab Error: Data error Cyclic redundancy check Then installation...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator not installing: I have been trying to install Microsoft flight simulator for just under 4 days now with it being stuck on one thing. It gets to 3.68 gigabytes left to install and then freezes and gets stuck. What should i do as i want to play the game....
  9. Cannot install Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install Flight Simulator: I cannot install Flight Simulator because X-Plane 11 installer keeps crashing. I did everything I can to fix it such as disabled Firewall and updated drivers, nothing helps...
  10. Flight simulator installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight simulator installation: I have a HP Notebook with windows 10 version 1809 install... I would like to install my Microsoft Flight simulator 2004...Is this possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-installation/bcc40392-8c33-4e16-89d0-c16ec489a950