Windows 10: Flight simulator won't update

Discus and support Flight simulator won't update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi. Microsoft Flight Simulator says it needs to update but won't do it in the Windows store. I just says error " 0x80073CF9" I've tried resetting... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Rick_990, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Rick_990 Win User

Flight simulator won't update

Hi.

Microsoft Flight Simulator says it needs to update but won't do it in the Windows store.

I just says error " 0x80073CF9"

I've tried resetting the store app, logging in and out, running the troubleshooter but nothing works.

I do have two accounts on Microsoft on my computer. I don't know how but I know I am logged into the right one in the Store app.

Any ideas?

I tried the official support and they referred me to the Store support but I tried that number and it simply says, "we are closed now" and cuts you off with no indication of when they will be back.

So bit stuck with my joystick and pedals ready and nothing to play?

:)

Rick_990, Sep 6, 2020

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Flight simulator

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

1. Which version of Windows are you currently using?
    2. Which version of Flight simulator are you currently using?

I suggest you to contact
    Flight simulator
    support, they will be able to assist you better.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Flight simulator won't update

flight simulator

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Yes, Microsoft flight simulator is compatible with Windows 10. But you have to install/update the graphic drivers which supports the game.

I would suggest you to update the display and graphic drivers and check if it helps:

• Open Device Manager by pressing
      Windows Key + X

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Flight simulator won't update

1. Flight simulator won't update - Similar Threads - Flight simulator won't

2. flight simulator won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator won't work anymore: i wanted to play flight simulator again, after some months. now i did had to download some content, and then after that the game crashed every time during start up. i deleted en reinstalled the game, and now the same problem still occurs.anyone has a clue as of what to do....
  3. flight simulator won't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flight simulator won't work anymore: i wanted to play flight simulator again, after some months. now i did had to download some content, and then after that the game crashed every time during start up. i deleted en reinstalled the game, and now the same problem still occurs.anyone has a clue as of what to do....
  4. Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator: I just purchased a Dell All-in-One computer last week. I got the highest available specs.16 gb Memory11th Gen Intel i7 processor1 TB Solid State Drivex64-based processorDirect X 12However, the highest graphics they could provide Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics with shared graphics...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Won't Launch: I've just installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Whenever I click "play" it simply won't load. I've restarted my PC several times. My Windows is updated. I've uninstall and reinstalled the app. I've even reinstalled it on different drives. I used to have the game on my...
  6. Flight Simulation 2020 won't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulation 2020 won't run: I just purchased Flight Simulator 2020 Premium from Best Buy. I downloaded the program from Microsoft. About 105 gig of data. Here are the specs to my computer: Processor i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz; Installed RAM 32 GB; NVIDIA GeForce GT640; Windows 10 home, 64-bit; internet...
  7. Flight simulator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Flight simulator: I have bought, payed, the softwarecode for the Flight Simulator. How do I get started?? QWFM3-QPX6Q-KYXKQ-VYJJX-33TFZ Anders anders1632gmail.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator/3961aaec-fe5e-41f2-9993-33fee8da211e
  8. Flight Simulator Update reinstalls all of flight simulator and deletes planes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator Update reinstalls all of flight simulator and deletes planes: When I started Flight Simulator it popped up and said updating and then went to the start window where it said an update was available. Clicked to update and went to reinstalling entire program when the old one was still on the partition, and could not do it because it said...
  9. Flight Simulator freeze on update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator freeze on update.: When I launch FlightSimulator 2020, it goes into an update procedure but does not start. The message is wait please. Have you got an idea on how to resolve the issue? How can I contact the support in France, I only found the phone number of the support in USA. Thank you...
  10. Stuck on update of Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on update of Flight Simulator: Downloading Flight Simulator Update. Windows 10 PC. Deluxe version of app. Never played and just downloaded yesterday. App is on very large external hard drive with remaining space. First time opening app asked to update the app. Stuck now on "84% Downloading...