Windows 10: Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet.

Discus and support Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Winver= 2004 A video drawing tablet is attached to my NUC, along with a conventional monitor. Programmable buttons are down the left side of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Kupuna, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Kupuna Win User

Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet.

Winver= 2004
    A video drawing tablet is attached to my NUC, along with a conventional monitor. Programmable buttons are down the left side of the tablet. I need to draw with my left, so I'd like the buttons on the right.
    Using the System>Display options I can "flip" the tablet image upside down and physically rotate the tablet 180 degrees. (Green light in lower corner of pix is "top" of tablet.)
    That puts the buttons on my right by inverting the image......however it also flips my main monitor image upside down. I'd like to see both screens, but any combination of duplicating or extending (Win+P) still inverts my main monitor.
    I've run out of ideas on this. The images are driven from separate ports (HDMI and Thunderbolt), but since it is the same system, I don't see any way to flip one and not the other.
    I guess I can abandon the buttons and use keyboard shortcuts.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet. [​IMG]

:)

Kupuna, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Kupuna Win User

Winver= 2004
    A video drawing tablet is attached to my NUC, along with a conventional monitor. Programmable buttons are down the left side of the tablet. I need to draw with my left, so I'd like the buttons on the right.
    Using the System>Display options I can "flip" the tablet image upside down and physically rotate the tablet 180 degrees. (Green light in lower corner of pix is "top" of tablet.)
    That puts the buttons on my right by inverting the image......however it also flips my main monitor image upside down. I'd like to see both screens, but any combination of duplicating or extending (Win+P) still inverts my main monitor.
    I've run out of ideas on this. The images are driven from separate ports (HDMI and Thunderbolt), but since it is the same system, I don't see any way to flip one and not the other.
    I guess I can abandon the buttons and use keyboard shortcuts.
    Thanks for any ideas.
    Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet. [​IMG]

Kupuna, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Kupuna Win User

Thank you very much for grappling with this issue. I was unclear on your suggestion.
    Should I click on the Desktop icon or Task View?
    The photo actually shows two inverted screens. I physically rotated the tablet so it is "upside down" which puts the buttons under the right hand. That rotation makes the tablet look correct, but the monitor above is (correctly) flipped using the System>Display>Orientation choice.
    I am trying to figure out if there is a way to "un-flip" the main monitor so I can see an image that matches the inverted tablet below.
    I'm beginning to think there is no way to accomplish this. The tablet just mirrors the flipped output on the monitor.
    I appreciate your help very much.

Kupuna, Feb 11, 2021
  4. swarfega Win User

swarfega, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet. - Similar Threads - Flipping Image left

2. Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet.

in Windows 10 Support
    Flipping an Image for left-handed use of video tablet.: Winver= 2004 A video drawing tablet is attached to my NUC, along with a conventional monitor. Programmable buttons are down the left side of the tablet. I need to draw with my left, so I'd like the buttons on the right. Using the System>Display options I can "flip" the...
  3. Windows camera flips the image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows camera flips the image: I have windows 10 and my windows camera app automatically flips my image and video horizontally. The preview is normal but it saves the image after flipping it. Similarly on zoom calls, when I see myself it is fine but others are seeing me flipped horizontally as if I am left...
  4. Left handed mouse use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left handed mouse use: I work where I am the only one who is left handed. Since this is a work computer, I was wondering if there was a way to set the mouse preference to left handed ONLY for my user account without affecting those profiles of my coworkers, any suggestions? Thanks, Michelle...
  5. screen flipped 90 degrees left

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen flipped 90 degrees left: how do i get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flipped-90-degrees-left/adcfec3d-b634-4e15-923b-a39cf5810e77
  6. Flipping black square on the bottom left

Flipping black square on the bottom left: Recently, a flipping black square appears on the bottom left of my screen. It appears when I am playing the game some time and when I am using Microsoft word. I guess it has something to do with the start menu, but I do not know how to fix it. [ATTACH]...
  7. No left hand start menu!

No left hand start menu!: I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the tiles float on the desktop. Can this be done? Me 151559
  8. Images Flipping Out On Internet Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images Flipping Out On Internet Programs: Not sure if this is a problem with Windows or my computer (I have an HP Laptop) or not, but I had a problem where the thumbnails wouldn't show up and the image couldn't be viewed in anything. Now, they show in the File Explorer, but if I try to insert them into a program on...
  9. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad: Hi I have a dell laptop with Windows 10. I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed. In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to. How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad...
  10. Wacom tablet stuck on left-click, and video players lag

in Windows 10 Support
    Wacom tablet stuck on left-click, and video players lag: Hey all, Just upgraded to Windows 10. My Wacom pen table is working quite well, but on video editing programs (After Effects, PowerDirector) the computer thinks that when I click something I am actually dragging, and I can't release the drag once started, without a...