Windows 10: Flipping black square on the bottom left

Discus and support Flipping black square on the bottom left in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, a flipping black square appears on the bottom left of my screen. It appears when I am playing the game some time and when I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RatchakritArreerard, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Flipping black square on the bottom left

Recently, a flipping black square appears on the bottom left of my screen. It appears when I am playing the game some time and when I am using Microsoft word. I guess it has something to do with the start menu, but I do not know how to fix it.

Flipping black square on the bottom left 87295d1e-16ba-4e59-8397-3494427e17e7?upload=true.jpg

:)

RatchakritArreerard, Apr 5, 2020
  2. AmitHazra Win User
    AmitHazra, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Black square

it appears a black square when I am going to type (the insert tab didn't work) why does I do need help.

AlejandroRodriguez_252000, Apr 5, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

Flipping black square on the bottom left

How to remove arrows from desktop icons in Windows 10 without getting black squares?

Part 1 - Remove arrows once (will break on reboot or re-login)

• Type regedit in the Windows search bar and select regedit at the top of the list.
    • In the regedit program, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • Right click on the Explorer folder, hover over New, then click Key. Name it Shell Icons and click enter or whatever to create it.
    • Click the new Shell Icons folder. In the right pane, right click on the empty space, hover over New, and click String Value. Name it 29.
    • Double click the String Value 29 you just created and give it the following value data: %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50
    • May or may not have to reboot I forget. Check your desktop icons first to see.

Part 2 - Fix the black squares problem

When you reboot or login after Part 1, where the arrows once were there will now be black squares. To permanently fix the black squares problem, a short script will run automatically every time you login to fix the icons before you see them. Non-programmers can easily follow these simple steps.

• Open Notepad.
    • Paste in the following and save it to the desktop as fixdesktopicons.bat (name not important, file extension .bat is important). Basically it deletes the corrupted part of the icon data.

• Press Windows key + r
    • Type shell:startup and press OK. This will open a folder where you can put scripts that you want to have run automatically whenever you login.
    • Copy the script (.bat file) from your desktop and paste it into this folder you reached by doing shell:startup.
    • Reboot the computer for changes to take effect.

Now whenever you login or reboot there will be nice icons with no arrows and no black squares either.

sammy, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Flipping black square on the bottom left

1. Flipping black square on the bottom left - Similar Threads - Flipping black square

2. Mouse Not Working on bottom left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Not Working on bottom left: Ok so this is pretty wierd I am running a windows 11 and today i was doing some imp work i realised tht when i take my cursor as bottom left the clicking doesnt work however the other display does working properly but on bottom left i just couldn't click anywhere in bottom...
  3. a square block showing in bottom left side in my windows 11 with no cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a square block showing in bottom left side in my windows 11 with no cursor: hi, i have a problem with windows 11 after update a small square block showing like a transparent display on bottom left side upward to search icon when i place mouse pointer on the same the pointer of mouse showing round searching circle i tried so much but unable to...
  4. a square block showing in bottom left side in my windows 11 with no cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a square block showing in bottom left side in my windows 11 with no cursor: hi, i have a problem with windows 11 after update a small square block showing like a transparent display on bottom left side upward to search icon when i place mouse pointer on the same the pointer of mouse showing round searching circle i tried so much but unable to...
  5. Monitor has a black square on top left

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor has a black square on top left: Hello, my setup is a laptop that is connected to a monitor. When I close the lid of my laptop even tho in settings I set it to not do anything, on my monitor top left a black square appears and it annoys me. If the lid is open the square dissapers If I then open my laptop...
  6. black squar

in Windows 10 Customization
    black squar: so I have this black square bottom left of my screen its not my monitor i reset all setting for it but its still here i have no idea what to do https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/712871459902586880/791937781575319562/image0.jpg...
  7. My icons are black squares and left side is missing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My icons are black squares and left side is missing!: [ATTACH] So how do I solve this? I tried deleting thumbnail cache but it doesn't help. And the left side of This PC is completely missing. https://preview.redd.it/uaca1tose5s51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=3dac67a9a1ffb3d015a72d2d073b8f546ede5700...
  8. Red square top left of games

Red square top left of games: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dolgont [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikvlvs/red_square_top_left_of_games/
  9. screen flipped 90 degrees left

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen flipped 90 degrees left: how do i get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flipped-90-degrees-left/adcfec3d-b634-4e15-923b-a39cf5810e77
  10. Weird black box in bottom-left corner

Weird black box in bottom-left corner: Hello, I'm having a strange issue where there is a black box that covers any apps I use, but not the cursor or start menu, in the bottom left corner. I have a gtx 1080 running the latest drivers (445.87), and windows 10 home updated to the latest version (1909). Any help...