Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

Discus and support Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; DRAM isn't nearly as reliable as vendors would like you to think. Now researchers have shown that bit flips can be induced maliciously by simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Moore's Lawlessness

In Flipping Bits in Memory Without Accessing Them: An Experimental Study of DRAM Disturbance Errors, researchers Yoongu Kim, Ross Daly, Jeremie Kim, Chris Fallin, Ji Hye Lee, Donghyuk Lee, Konrad Lai Onur Mutlu - all of CMU - and Chris Wilkerson of Intel Labs, found that commodity DRAM chips are vulnerable to disturbance errors. Moore's Law has reduced cell sizes and made them more susceptible to adjacent current flows.

The root cause of the errors: rapid voltage fluctuations on the wordline of a row of memory cells. The wordline voltage is raised in order to read bits in the row of cells.

A program that issues as few as 139,000 reads to a specific wordline can induce an error. As many as 1 in every 1700 cells is susceptible to such errors. Read more...

:)

Brink, Dec 29, 2014
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

Page fault in nonpaged area ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Hi Silver,

Thank you for responding.

As you have stated updating the DRAM drivers resolved the issue. We appreciate your effort in resolving the issue.

Also, try to download and run the Malicious Software Removal Tool and check if it helps.

Get back to us if the issue still persists. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2014
  3. SusmitaShome Win User
    General thread: screen rotation not working and missing in Windows 10 on certain devices

ASUS R554L flip book Windows 10 Home 64 bit, same issue

SusmitaShome, Dec 29, 2014
Thema:

Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously - Similar Threads - Flipping DRAM bits

1. GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally

in Windows 10 News
    GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally: Dear GFX geeks, I only know how to use Paint. With help and ideas from @Keith, @Cliff and @Julian I finally got my Roman pillar on transparent background in right size and colour. Now I would just need it to be flipped horizontally, the pillar on right instead of left. Size...
  2. flip taskbar content

in Windows 10 News
    flip taskbar content: hello, please, is there any way to move start button, clock, tray icons to opposite side of taskbar like on attached photo (photoshopped)? i have taskbar on left side and start menu&icon is in top corner. it's simple annoying because i used to have it down... thanks for...
  3. Some games on my Laptop are flipped. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 News
    Some games on my Laptop are flipped. PLEASE HELP: Some games that I bought on my Pc are flipped sideways and I can't put it back to normal. Please help. *cry*cry 73445
  4. password text box flips back to prepassword screen

in Windows 10 News
    password text box flips back to prepassword screen: im not sure how but iv become the families fix it queen in the electronic/technicals...and usually i find an answer somewhere without having to actually post a question but im stumped on this one...after an update at starting, tablet laptop start gives picture/clock screen,...
  5. Rotation flipped reversed

in Windows 10 News
    Rotation flipped reversed: i have a 8 inch tablet model named injooe leap 3 came with win 8.1 os i upgraded to win 10 home and found rotation not working i added it by add legacy device then sensors and ihave rotation working but it works flipped upside down mening while iam holding in landscape...
  6. Win10 Flips out on boot with a blue screen 50% of the time

in Windows 10 News
    Win10 Flips out on boot with a blue screen 50% of the time: My Win10 laptop flips out on boot with a blue screen, right before/after you can see the mouse. It never reboots when it says it will. And it seems to blame my graphics card for this, as Catylitst Controll on logging claims that there is no AMD driver or thats its...
  7. For best performance, use DXGI flip model

in Windows 10 News
    For best performance, use DXGI flip model: This document picks up where the MSDN “DXGI flip model” article and YouTube DirectX 12: Presentation Modes In Windows 10 and Presentation Enhancements in Windows 10: An Early Look videos left off. It provides developer guidance on how to maximize performance and efficiency in...
Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously solved