Windows 10: Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

Discus and support Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DRAM isn't nearly as reliable as vendors would like you to think. Now researchers have shown that bit flips can be induced maliciously by simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

Moore's Lawlessness

In Flipping Bits in Memory Without Accessing Them: An Experimental Study of DRAM Disturbance Errors, researchers Yoongu Kim, Ross Daly, Jeremie Kim, Chris Fallin, Ji Hye Lee, Donghyuk Lee, Konrad Lai Onur Mutlu - all of CMU - and Chris Wilkerson of Intel Labs, found that commodity DRAM chips are vulnerable to disturbance errors. Moore's Law has reduced cell sizes and made them more susceptible to adjacent current flows.

The root cause of the errors: rapid voltage fluctuations on the wordline of a row of memory cells. The wordline voltage is raised in order to read bits in the row of cells.

A program that issues as few as 139,000 reads to a specific wordline can induce an error. As many as 1 in every 1700 cells is susceptible to such errors. Read more...

:)

Brink, Dec 28, 2014

2. Page fault in nonpaged area ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Hi Silver,

Thank you for responding.

As you have stated updating the DRAM drivers resolved the issue. We appreciate your effort in resolving the issue.

Also, try to download and run the Malicious Software Removal Tool and check if it helps.

Get back to us if the issue still persists. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 28, 2014
  3. General thread: screen rotation not working and missing in Windows 10 on certain devices

ASUS R554L flip book Windows 10 Home 64 bit, same issue

SusmitaShome, Dec 28, 2014
Thema:

Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

1. Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously - Similar Threads - Flipping DRAM bits

2. Malicious Webpage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malicious Webpage: Can someone tell me what this is (see screenshot). Happens daily. I shut down Firefox and restart it with no apparent damage. This may be a Firefox issue. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-webpage/9c222952-c870-47a3-b836-7a56f78a108c"
  3. DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No?: Hi Folks, I am looking at cheap SSD 128gb disks to replace old HDD and found out that these cheap SSD's are without DRAM which expensive ones have. Question - is it ok to buy SSD without DRAM for daily use - OS, web browsing or there is strong NO to these SSD's? Understand...
  4. malicious PUP removefreeformsnow.com

malicious PUP removefreeformsnow.com: beginning yesterday, after startuo is finished, a notice pops up with some scandalous news headline with picture. It is identified as "freeformnow.com". Doing a bit of research I learned it is a malicious PUP which my antivirus (malwarebytes.com) didn't find. Anyone able to...
  5. Flipped out over Flipped lab top screen!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flipped out over Flipped lab top screen!: Three year old must have had some fun. I woke up to get ready for work, turned on lab top and my morning was flipped upside down. Can anyone tell me how to flip my screen back over? When I type everything including the backspace is all backwards. It feels like I am in...
  6. Cookies -Malicious & otherwise

Cookies -Malicious & otherwise: On FF I have Click n Clean to clear cookies after visiting a URL. Also it's handy for clearing browsing history. However, when I take a closer look there are in fact lots of cookies which have not shown up in Click n Clean. See attached screenshot. Without researching...
  7. flip taskbar content

flip taskbar content: hello, please, is there any way to move start button, clock, tray icons to opposite side of taskbar like on attached photo (photoshopped)? i have taskbar on left side and start menu&icon is in top corner. it's simple annoying because i used to have it down... thanks for...
  8. Flip 3D

Flip 3D: Has anybody found a way to re-enable 'Flip 3D' in Windows 10? Just curious! *Smile 35942
  9. malicious software warning

malicious software warning: I use windows defender & the google browser when clicking some facebook videos that are on the side of my page, it activates a malicious software warning & locks my browser & computer The problem is I viewed the same links before & nothing happened Whats going on ? 90681
  10. Rotation flipped reversed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation flipped reversed: i have a 8 inch tablet model named injooe leap 3 came with win 8.1 os i upgraded to win 10 home and found rotation not working i added it by add legacy device then sensors and ihave rotation working but it works flipped upside down mening while iam holding in landscape...