Windows 10: Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

Discus and support Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; DRAM isn't nearly as reliable as vendors would like you to think. Now researchers have shown that bit flips can be induced maliciously by simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

Moore's Lawlessness

In Flipping Bits in Memory Without Accessing Them: An Experimental Study of DRAM Disturbance Errors, researchers Yoongu Kim, Ross Daly, Jeremie Kim, Chris Fallin, Ji Hye Lee, Donghyuk Lee, Konrad Lai Onur Mutlu - all of CMU - and Chris Wilkerson of Intel Labs, found that commodity DRAM chips are vulnerable to disturbance errors. Moore's Law has reduced cell sizes and made them more susceptible to adjacent current flows.

The root cause of the errors: rapid voltage fluctuations on the wordline of a row of memory cells. The wordline voltage is raised in order to read bits in the row of cells.

A program that issues as few as 139,000 reads to a specific wordline can induce an error. As many as 1 in every 1700 cells is susceptible to such errors. Read more...

:)

Brink, Dec 28, 2014

2. Page fault in nonpaged area ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Hi Silver,

Thank you for responding.

As you have stated updating the DRAM drivers resolved the issue. We appreciate your effort in resolving the issue.

Also, try to download and run the Malicious Software Removal Tool and check if it helps.

Get back to us if the issue still persists. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 28, 2014
  3. General thread: screen rotation not working and missing in Windows 10 on certain devices

ASUS R554L flip book Windows 10 Home 64 bit, same issue

SusmitaShome, Dec 28, 2014
Thema:

Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously

1. Flipping DRAM bits - maliciously - Similar Threads - Flipping DRAM bits

2. Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freeze, no bsod, dram led on: 3 days ago I got the pc components pc specs, i assembled the pc and everything worked fine for 48 hours. Now the pc, even without loads, freeze and does not bsod, I have to turn it off from the button on the case and when restart, the yellow led on dram lights up. To solve I...
  3. Photos flipping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos flipping: When using GOPRO Hero 8 and I view the photo why does the photo viewer in windows 10 flip them reverse image This is frustrating and annoying. Letters and numbers in the image are now back to front....
  4. Unknown Publisher for : "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 64-bit"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Publisher for : "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool 64-bit"?: Edge flags the file which I got from the Microsoft site as dangerous, and won't let me download it. Here is the URL:https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/C/5/2C563B99-54D9-4D85-A82B-45D3CD2F53CE/Windows-KB890830-x64-V5.91.exeSo I used Firefox instead- it came down...
  5. Cursor flip

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor flip: So I was watching meme videos on youtube, and I came across this one video with a sort of cursor barrel roll. Is this possible on windows 10? (I’ll link the video below) lock the taskbar submitted by /u/Sir_Sm0k3y [link] [comments]...
  6. FLIPPED SCREEN

FLIPPED SCREEN: My screen is flipped and Ctrl alt arrow up will not fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flipped-screen/e53d7aa2-a6e4-4d32-ba2e-ce6bc97f4ab3
  7. PC Not Booting DRAM Flashing on Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Not Booting DRAM Flashing on Motherboard: A couple of days ago I performed a scan and clean on my computer with the software I had downloaded. I had used it multiple times with no issues just to make sure all of my drivers were updated and there were no useless files on my computer to keep more free storage. The...
  8. Flipping Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flipping Screens: Having trouble with scroll and pages flipping like crazy. I've tried rebooting, clearing cache, recovery, restarting, etc. but it's getting worse. The page will flip down to bottom of screen. I can't type in words in the search window because of a line that moves across it....
  9. DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRAM-less SSD - Yes or No?: Hi Folks, I am looking at cheap SSD 128gb disks to replace old HDD and found out that these cheap SSD's are without DRAM which expensive ones have. Question - is it ok to buy SSD without DRAM for daily use - OS, web browsing or there is strong NO to these SSD's? Understand...
  10. Flip 3D

Flip 3D: Has anybody found a way to re-enable 'Flip 3D' in Windows 10? Just curious! *Smile 35942