Windows 10: Floating button/dialog box issue

Discus and support Floating button/dialog box issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bopmacd, Dec 6, 2022.

1. bopmacd Win User

Floating button/dialog box issue

HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get rid of it?Thanks

:)

bopmacd, Dec 6, 2022
  2. David Haz Win User

Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working

Hello,

If the Open and Save As dialog boxes are not appearing, there might be a process or service that is conflicting with that function of Windows. We recommend that you perform a clean boot of Windows. This would aid eliminate software conflicts that occur when
    using Windows.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when performing a clean boot. If you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original issue.

Here's how to perform a clean boot environment in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type msconfig, and select
      System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then select
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click OK, and then restart your computer.

After performing a clean boot environment of Windows, see if the Open
    and Save As dialog boxes work as they should be. If it works, then you may follow the steps below on how to determine what is causing the problem while in a clean boot environment:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start. search for msconfig, then select
      msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services
      check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        , but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service
        list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the
        Service
        list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        10. If no service causes the problem, go to step 7.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the
      Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 7 and 8, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the
        Startup Item list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 7 and 8, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item
        is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
        Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
      • If no Startup Item causes the problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps
        1 through 6 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services
        check box in each step.
    • After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the
      System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Dec 6, 2022
  3. AmyZ92 Win User
    gray x's on dialog box

• Did you perform any changes prior to the issue? Yes, I just updated my windows 10.
    • Which browser are you using? I am using Edge.
    • Is the issue happening on all the dialog boxes that you've tried to search? Yes, it happens to all the dialog boxes.
    • Have you tried using another browser? Is the same issue happening on it? I tried Google Chrome and this issue is NOT happening on Chrome.

AmyZ92, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Floating button/dialog box issue

Windows 10 print dialog box hides print button under task bar

Hello Daniel,

It is possible that the issue you're experiencing with the print dialog box is due to the resolution setting of your Windows 10 PC. That being said, we need more information to properly address your concern. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • Which app are you using when you encountered the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Follow the steps below for changing the resolution of your PC:

• Select the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, make sure that the resolution selected is the
      Recommended one.
    • Once verified, click Apply to save the changes.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Floating button/dialog box issue

1. Floating button/dialog box issue - Similar Threads - Floating button dialog

2. Is there a way to change Dialog Box Button sizes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change Dialog Box Button sizes?: I would like to change the dialog box button sizes using Registry Editor in Windows without changing the Display Size. I tried searching around the internet, but I could not find any documentation like that. I would like if someone gave me at least something that matches my...
  3. Is there a way to change Dialog Box Button sizes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change Dialog Box Button sizes?: I would like to change the dialog box button sizes using Registry Editor in Windows without changing the Display Size. I tried searching around the internet, but I could not find any documentation like that. I would like if someone gave me at least something that matches my...
  4. Is there a way to change Dialog Box Button sizes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Floating button/dialog box issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  6. The Floating Input Selection box

The Floating Input Selection box: Since the input system had been upgraded with using shift-key to quick switch from English to Chinese Input. I don't understand why is that box is necessary. It might be fair for some users, who are new to use computers, but I found it is extremely not user friendly to...
  7. File Open Dialog Box Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Open Dialog Box Issues: Since today I've noticed that the Windows file open dialog box crashes the app calling it. For example, I use Soundforge Pro 11 and if I click the icon or the menu item for file open, the dialog appears followed by an error message from the application saying the program has...
  8. Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working: In recent months, maybe since the last update my cursor does not automatically go to the default button in a dialog box. It may not have anything to do with an update. I have checked and unchecked the box in settings for this but still not working. Is it just me? Any help...
  9. No "yes" button in UAC dialog box

No "yes" button in UAC dialog box: Why does user acct. dialog box not have a "yes" choice any more? I've not mad any changes to my computer other than regular updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-yes-button-in-uac-dialog-box/ef7fd81b-23cb-4d6b-94da-bebe1a79e54c
  10. Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working: Hi Gang: I Believe since the last update my cursor does not automatically go to the default button in a dialog box. It may not have anything to do with an update. I have checked and unchecked the box in settings for this but still not working. Is it just me? Any help...