Windows 10: Floating grey box on computer monitor

Discus and support Floating grey box on computer monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today I've noticed on one of my monitors a small grey x box with a small distortion near the top middle of the screen. It doesn't appear to be a burn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonGarcia3, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Floating grey box on computer monitor

Today I've noticed on one of my monitors a small grey x box with a small distortion near the top middle of the screen. It doesn't appear to be a burn as I can move a window over it and it'll cover it, nor does it appear to be something to do with my wallpaper as changing it doesn't make it go away.

I've tried closing all of the applications I typically have running, not sure of what to do from here. When I reboot my computer, it's immediately there.

Here's a picture of it within the red circle. If I move my settings window over it, it covers it.

Floating grey box on computer monitor [​IMG]

:)

JonGarcia3, Jul 12, 2020

2. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Floating grey box on computer monitor

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Floating grey box on computer monitor

1. Floating grey box on computer monitor - Similar Threads - Floating grey box

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Floating button/dialog box issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  5. Floating button/dialog box issue

Floating button/dialog box issue: HI,This item has appeared on Microsoft Word a few times. I can not perform any other actions while it is there. I can not exit or save documents. The only way to get rid of it is to end task in the task manager risking losing my work. Why does this happen and how can I get...
  6. Floating transparent box on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating transparent box on Windows 11: So I have this weird floating transparent box hovering over the taskbar. If I hover my mouse over this transparent box, it shows a loading cursor, as if I am launching a program. Any clue what it can be?...
  7. Floating transparent box on Windows 11

Floating transparent box on Windows 11: So I have this weird floating transparent box hovering over the taskbar. If I hover my mouse over this transparent box, it shows a loading cursor, as if I am launching a program. Any clue what it can be?...
  8. Grey box on images

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box on images: Hi can someone help me with microsoft photos please i have addded a folder to my collection but on some folders i just shows a grey box i am attaching a pic to show what i mean can anyone help me my windows version number is 2004 i had it working a few days ago where i would...
  9. The Floating Input Selection box

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Floating Input Selection box: Since the input system had been upgraded with using shift-key to quick switch from English to Chinese Input. I don't understand why is that box is necessary. It might be fair for some users, who are new to use computers, but I found it is extremely not user friendly to...
  10. Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the Floating Input Selection Box: I'm a Chinese user, and is frustrated that I am unable to disable the following feature when entering Chinese: [ATTACH] This floating box literally appears whenever there are text area in all applications. I checked Windows Settings and I'm unable to find the...