Windows 10: Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Discus and support Floppy disk drive not reading disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brenda_1230, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."

:)

brenda_1230, Oct 30, 2019

2. Floppy Disk Drive (AFloppy disk drive not reading disks :)

Hi Penny,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We are really sorry to say that the Floppy Disk Drive has no compatibility with Windows and there is no support to floppy disk drives.

For further more clarifications I would suggest you to check/Contact with the manufacturer.

keep us posted if you are facing any other issue with Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 30, 2019
  3. JClaude B Win User
    Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Hello all

I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date!

The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this!

Yet in the "Device Manager", a driver error for the floppy drive appears (normal there is n ...) and the floppy disk icon appears in the workstation!

Screenshot of the error

I easily managed to delete the icon in the workstation from the registry, but I can not find how to disable this "floppy drive" in the device list !!

Of course there is no option in the BIOS of the machine because (as I said before) no drive is provided on the motherboard.

Does anyone have the trick to "erase" this device in the Windows 10 "Device Manager"?

Thanks for your help

A +

Jean Claude

JClaude B, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Windows 10 - Disk drive showing as floppy drive

I installed Windows 10 this afternoon & have just found that i have a phantom floppy drive showing in My PC (My Computer) but not my disk drive.

I went to device manager & the disk drive is there with all drivers installed, operating correctly. But there is also a phantom floppy disk drive installed.

I have tried uninstalling both sets of drives & rebooting but no luck.

Any suggestions?

SaraPorter00, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Floppy disk drive not reading disks

1. Floppy disk drive not reading disks - Similar Threads - Floppy disk drive

2. Flashdisk shown as floppy disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flashdisk shown as floppy disk drive: I use defraggler and after sometime it's not responding I close the app and then try to use it again but I noticed that the flashdisk media type became floppy disk drive. How do I fix it?...
  3. floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    floppy disks dont read in windows, but do read in linux?: I was looking at some old disks, cleaning up and figuring out things and found out the windows simply has severe issues with my floppies, most all were made on windows 95,98,ME. some are boot disks. Window looks at for a while, then says disc needs formatting. And if you try...
  4. Floppy disk drive driver

Floppy disk drive driver: I have a Sony external USB FDD identified by my Windows 10 control panel as MPF-MSRW1. Although my PC identifies it as present, the driver it has used does not seem to work. I have used Troubleshooter and Update Driver facilities but neither is able to determine a driver that...
  5. Floppy Disk

Floppy Disk: Window 10 does not recognized the floppy disk when a disk is inserted. Is there an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floppy-disk/fde13a9a-d820-4fe5-b508-5b03d022ba1e
  6. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  7. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

in Windows 10 News
    Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  8. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  9. Iomega floppy disk usb drive

Iomega floppy disk usb drive: Hi. I would like to know whether I can use my old Iomega floppy disk usb drive under Windows 10. If yes, what should I do to perform the right steps towards an adequate installation of that drive. Rgs...
  10. USB Floppy disks not auto-reading

USB Floppy disks not auto-reading: I got myself a USB based floppy disk drive for my PC, so I could put my DOSBOX games and MIDIs on actual floppies. The issue I'm having is that the disks don't read when I switch them out. In order to make them read I need to open and then close the Format Menu for my A:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reading old floppy disks in windows 10

2. windows 10 not reading floppy disk

3. windows 10 not reading my floppy disks