Windows 10: Floppy Disk

Discus and support Floppy Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Window 10 does not recognized the floppy disk when a disk is inserted. Is there an update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NatahnielWilliams, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Floppy Disk

Window 10 does not recognized the floppy disk when a disk is inserted. Is there an update?

:)

NatahnielWilliams, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Floppy disk controller which will not function in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

This issue may occur due to compatibility issues. Normally, if the new drive was reformatted, it gets a drive letter automatically and you do not need to take any further actions. Regarding the floppy-disk controller concern, please answer the following:

• How did you install the floppy-disk controller on your device?
    • Have you tried downloading the latest driver for the floppy-disk controller on its manufacturer's website?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter in Windows 10. To do this, refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +X and select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Choose Troubleshooting and click on the View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Restart your computer.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Floppy Disk Drive (AFloppy Disk :)

Hi Penny,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We are really sorry to say that the Floppy Disk Drive has no compatibility with Windows and there is no support to floppy disk drives.

For further more clarifications I would suggest you to check/Contact with the manufacturer.

keep us posted if you are facing any other issue with Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Floppy Disk

Retrieving info from old floppy disks

Thanks for your suggestions. I am stuck in that the floppy disk drive is not showing up in disk management. Any idea why? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

LeslieAM60, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Floppy Disk

1. Floppy Disk - Similar Threads - Floppy Disk

2. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  3. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  4. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?: Hello, I have a Windows XP originally Windows 98 but updated by previous user laptop with both not working diskette and CD drives. I planned to downgrade the system to 98 as originally by using boot floppy disk + CD with the OS, I have both external and working floppy drive...
  6. How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?

How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?: Hello, I have a Windows XP originally Windows 98 but updated by previous user laptop with both not working diskette and CD drives. I planned to downgrade the system to 98 as originally by using boot floppy disk + CD with the OS, I have both external and working floppy drive...
  7. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10: How can I get my laptop to recognize my floppy disk reader on my LENOVO with WIN 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-floppy-disk-reader-in-win-10/09cb03eb-e901-4765-8d4b-b6faa3ad7ea4
  8. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10: How can I get my laptop to recognize my floppy disk reader on my LENOVO with WIN 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-floppy-disk-reader-in-win-10/09cb03eb-e901-4765-8d4b-b6faa3ad7ea4
  9. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk: how do I uninstall linux operating system from my laptop without the floppy disk * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-linux-operating-system-from-my/8811891d-e0a1-43ec-b33b-b3bfef52190d