Windows 10: Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

Discus and support Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The floppy disk controller shows in Device Manager, but not the drive. The BIOS sees the drive and the drive was chosen in the BIOS and the controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marcerickson, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

The floppy disk controller shows in Device Manager, but not the drive. The BIOS sees the drive and the drive was chosen in the BIOS and the controller was turned on in the BIOS. I tried to install the floppy drive manually in Add Hardware, but there isn't a listing for it. Trying LEGACY doesn't work even if it's pointed at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\flpydisk.inf_amd64_ffa2d7cec99f9b49 that folder contains flpydisk.inf, flpydisk.sys, and sfloppy.sys. Hidden drives are being shown. This is an older computer with a EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW motherboard and has the latest BIOS available installed. Group Policy has had the hide certain drives setting set to No.

:)

marcerickson, Mar 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Disk drive showing as floppy drive

I installed Windows 10 this afternoon & have just found that i have a phantom floppy drive showing in My PC (My Computer) but not my disk drive.

I went to device manager & the disk drive is there with all drivers installed, operating correctly. But there is also a phantom floppy disk drive installed.

I have tried uninstalling both sets of drives & rebooting but no luck.

Any suggestions?

SaraPorter00, Mar 21, 2020
  3. seejp Win User
    external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Mar 21, 2020
  4. JClaude B Win User

Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Hello all

I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date!

The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this!

Yet in the "Device Manager", a driver error for the floppy drive appears (normal there is n ...) and the floppy disk icon appears in the workstation!

Screenshot of the error

I easily managed to delete the icon in the workstation from the registry, but I can not find how to disable this "floppy drive" in the device list !!

Of course there is no option in the BIOS of the machine because (as I said before) no drive is provided on the motherboard.

Does anyone have the trick to "erase" this device in the Windows 10 "Device Manager"?

Thanks for your help

A +

Jean Claude

JClaude B, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management

1. Floppy drive not showing in Explorer Device Manager or Disk Management - Similar Threads - Floppy drive showing

2. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  3. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  4. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  6. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I...
  7. Floppy drive recognized by device manager but not showing up

Floppy drive recognized by device manager but not showing up: Hello, I found an old floppy drive and it is showing up on BIOS and Windows device manager, but not showing up on "This PC". Does Windows 10 (20H2) still support Floppy? Thanks 173238
  8. Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer

Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer: My new 1TB Seagate portable hard drive is no longer showing up in Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management. But I very clearly see it recognized in Device Manager and I also see the button to eject it in the lower right of my screen. What should I do to fix it?...
  9. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  10. New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management

New drive not showing up in explorer or disk management: Its a 4TB Barracuda Pro 6 GB/s It shows up in the BIOS (of course it does) but nowhere else. When I first went into disk management I got a prompt asking which partition I wanted and I chose GPT, but the drive didn't show up after. Ive tried different sata ports, memory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open floppy disk in divice managemenf

2. windows 10 disk management floppy