Windows 10: Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less

Discus and support Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there. I'm trying to troubleshoot my friend's internet speed that goes from ~150-375 Mbps download and ~15-37 Mbps upload. She's paying for 400/40... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adamthemute, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less

Hi there. I'm trying to troubleshoot my friend's internet speed that goes from ~150-375 Mbps download and ~15-37 Mbps upload. She's paying for 400/40 and the internet repairman said the speeds going into the modem are fine. She's directly connected (no wi-fi) and the normal speeds are around 220 down/25 up.

The network card has the latest driver (tried uninstall/reinstall), and I've tried some other things (listed here: https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-slow-internet-after-windows-10-anniversary-update.html), but it doesn't seem to make a difference. If it does, the proper speeds don't last long so it just could be a coincidence. I know there is always fluctuation in speeds, but over 50% sometimes is too much.

Thanks.

:)

adamthemute, Sep 17, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 17, 2019
  3. jk22 Win User
    Upload speed is greater than Download speed

Cyber Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd. AKA cyber.net.pk
    Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less [​IMG]

4. Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less

LAN transfer speed fluctuation

I recently bought a new Win 10 laptop. I transfered my data from my old win7 laptop to the new one via lan cable. But the copying speed fluctuates between 11 MBPS to 200 KBPS. And am talking about a single large file of about 11 GB. I don't get it. I am
    not using internet connection and only those two computers are connected via LAN. I just wanna know the reason for such fluctuation.

Somanath Kale, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less

1. Fluctuating Download/Upload Internet Speed - up to 50% less - Similar Threads - Fluctuating Download Upload

2. Good upload speed but still fluctuating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Good upload speed but still fluctuating?: Hello, I've been having trouble with my internet stuff; everytime I try to stream to Twitch, my upload speed tending to trifle down every 15 minutes or so. I have no clue what it is, but my ISP says that both ends are fine and the internet speed test shows good speed, so it's...
  3. Good upload speed but still fluctuating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good upload speed but still fluctuating?: Hello, I've been having trouble with my internet stuff; everytime I try to stream to Twitch, my upload speed tending to trifle down every 15 minutes or so. I have no clue what it is, but my ISP says that both ends are fine and the internet speed test shows good speed, so it's...
  4. Good upload speed but still fluctuating?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Upload Speed: I had been running Windows 11 for several years on my Dell XPX 8930, with Download speeds exceeding 900 Mbps and Upload speed in excess of 50 Mbps. I am using Cat 6 cable to connect to my modem-router. A few days ago the upload speed suddenly went down to about 1 Mbps.When I...
  6. Internet Upload Speed

Internet Upload Speed: I had been running Windows 11 for several years on my Dell XPX 8930, with Download speeds exceeding 900 Mbps and Upload speed in excess of 50 Mbps. I am using Cat 6 cable to connect to my modem-router. A few days ago the upload speed suddenly went down to about 1 Mbps.When I...
  7. Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5: Hey, My computer has recently started to lag a lot in terms of internet speed. One second it's doing fine at 300 mpbs, then goes to 60m then to 5. I have tried:A complete clean reinstall of windows 11, deleting all partitions and reinstallingUpdating the drivers from the HP...
  8. Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5

Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5: Hey, My computer has recently started to lag a lot in terms of internet speed. One second it's doing fine at 300 mpbs, then goes to 60m then to 5. I have tried:A complete clean reinstall of windows 11, deleting all partitions and reinstallingUpdating the drivers from the HP...
  9. Internet upload speed

Internet upload speed: I recently installed windows 10 and faced an issue that the internet upload speed is very low. I tried to follow some suggestions from different groups but nothing worked. any feedback, please? [ATTACH]...
  10. internet upload speed

internet upload speed: I have 300mbps download on Ethernet but only c4mbps upload. What could be limiting the upload speed? My Dell laptop has a Qualcomm QCA1565 adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-upload-speed/5f354974-2bfe-4be2-9e79-327ae6751b45